Review Review - Keys Factory DS Lite Case (White)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golds

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Intro

Well, on with the case reviews. Today I will review the Leather DS Lite Keys Factory Case. I got this one off ebay for pretty cheap, around 12.00 USD with shipping. Mine did not come with any packaging, but by using this website that GBAtemp user Scrawl posted I was able to determine that my case is genuine, (and it does not smell)
dsc03399ce9.jpg
dsc03400oh2.jpg

-Contents/Features

Sad to say that despite the well crafted leather of this case, the features are lacking. It holds a DS lite, it velcos closed, and it could be used as a key chain if you wanted. It comes with a DS Lite strap, which is great because the US DS Lites did not come with one, and Nintendo stole my thumb strap from my Phat DS when I sent it in for a pixel fix.
dsc03410ss7.jpg
dsc03414eo1.jpg

The DS Lite is well protected in this case. It fits very snug, and It looks "professional", by this I mean you probably could take it to the office and people would think its a PDA or some other work type of electronic. There are black elastic straps on either side which keep your DS Lite in place, and it closes with a velcro latch on the top that is a nice size it stays together well.
dsc03407pm8.jpg
dsc03406na9.jpg
dsc03408nz1.jpg

-Overall

I have to say this is a nice case, it does not have a place to hold anything other than a DS Lite, but Keys Factory makes a nice DS game holder to go with this case. You can get it in different colors so you do not have to be stuck with white. I would have liked to see a pocket on the front that holds one or two extra ds games, and maybe a side extra stylus holder. I think if you dont switch games out very often, this would be a great case to get.

Pros
-nice leather
-modern looking, great style
-comes with a DS Lite strap.
-Great price on ebay

Cons
-does not hold anything other than the system
-beware of fake cases, make sure you have a trusted buyer
-some have claimed that the leather smells bad, mine does not, but this would be a huge con if it did
-I have read that other color cases, the dye may rub off onto your DS, esp if its fake.

(Score 6/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye