review with misleading statement about virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
we cannot ensure that this was not true at the time... just vote the review as "not helpful" and it will disappear
wink.gif

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Costello said:
we cannot ensure that this was not true at the time... just vote the review as "not helpful" and it will disappear
wink.gif

Already done but who cares anyway ;-)

The site was down since Nov 7 2010, 01:16 PM : Gbatemp is a valuable source isn't it ?

There was always some false positive esp. with evo tools.

It remembers me a quote from Shane R. Monroe in 2008, just for the record :
QUOTE1) Cite your source.
2) It doesn't insert a worm unless:
a. You're dumb enough to use Internet Explorer
b. You're dumb enough to surf legally gray websites without AV installed.
c. You're dumb enough to use something like Norton AV
smile.gif

I figure if you're smart enough to choose CycloDS Evo over an R4, you know enough to flash and/or hack your DS - you should be smart enough to cover #2 above
smile.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That review doesn't happen to talk about the EvoTools does it?
That program has often flagged off people's anti-virus, because it can make .nds files display their icons in Windows Explorer I think.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oveneise said:
He is right on the "horrible value" part. Never looked into the virus thing, though so idk what to think.
I wouldn't say horrible value. So far the CycloDS Evo has worked for me for every game that I have wanted to play. If people really complain that one or two games haven't worked straight from release, that is a minor thing. If one can remember the times before Auto DLDI-patching, every single game had to be patched with a patch before even running it. The CycloDS Evo is currently running a firmware that has all the games working that I can imagine (haven't tried any downloads since I prefer to own the games than downloading..). Admittedly Golden Sun didn't work straight away (or so I was told since I've been away a bit from the DS scene) but it works currently very well and thus we can state that the cart works. As for "horrible value", look for example at the DSTwo to see that it isn't nearly as almighty as people think. Everything requires coding and the Emulators on the DSTwo haven't been updated very frequently let alone the fact that they weren't present on launch even though it was a feature listed working for the cart..

-Qtis

ps. In before haters gonna hate: I own a CycloDS Evolution, AK2i and a DSTwo so I know how each system works.. (+ the iEvo should be arriving soon from TC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol