• Likes 35

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took the latest script_fix.txt I had in our Dropbox (edited 2014-03-11) and did a bunch of regex find-replace to remove text not in the actual game. (No comments, no literal translation, no Japanese text). And Notepad++ tells me there's 14,254 words in the translation. This count isn't perfect because it doesn't seem to include English in shift-JIS (like Nice). And it doesn't include any graphics translation that was done either. So if anyone's curious about the approximate word count, now you know. I'd say maybe 14,700 words for the 2014 version, and probably more if there are pieces we didn't get. It looks like there were some drum lessons or debug text not done in 2014?

Reactions: hippy dave

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a few years late since I played the patch, but I randomly stumbled across this googling for something else and I am really grateful for this. An incredibly underrated series and I'm really glad I was able to play the game that started it all

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just found out Nick Robinson made a video about this translation. The video is months old at this point. I'm not a subscriber, so I missed the video.

Nick has been repeatedly accused of sexually harassing women.
Again, those are 'accusations'. If they were seemingly true, then screenshots of those conversations would be provided in such a way to provide proof that it ever happened. So far, he seems to be doing alright, focusing more on his YouTube career which has garned more popularity than his other job.

Good to know this. I'll try this patch out. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Coffee flavored ice cream inside of your coffee