Homebrew Rock Band 3 DLC on Dolphin

otaviojulian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I recently discovered that I can use my actual Wii NAND on Dolphin, to play Rock Band 3 with better frame rate/textures, without having to purchase anything new.
I actually got the game working, dumped my NAND, got the game running smoothly.
The issue is I have A LOT of purchased songs in my SD card, but I just can't get it working on Dolphin. There are a few in the actual system's memory and these are working just fine, but I just can't make the ones saved in the SD card work.

I've created a virtual SD card for Dolphin, cloned my actual card to it but the game just won't load it. It just says "An error occurred" and then disables SD Card mode.

Is there a way to convert all these .bin files (that I have in my SD) to .app files (similar to the ones already in my NAND)?
I've been trying it over and over for a couple weeks, but still no success.

Unfortunately, I can't even redownload the songs to my system, as the RB3 store was shut down...
Please, any help is welcome.

Thanks.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does the virtual SD card not exceed 2 GB, that is a known issue with virtual SDs, Also are you using the proper tool to write to the .raw file "ImDisk,"

Copy/paste:

Windows
The Windows users must use a third party software that can mount the virtual SD card. Speaking of which... ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver

WinImage is unreliable, because oddly enough, it will cause desync and few other unforeseeable problems. ImDisk will be fine.

Quick guide for mounting and editing the virtual SD card with the ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver:

1. Right-click on sd.raw file then click "Mount as ImDisk Virtual Disk" from the context menu.
  2. Check box Removable media then hit "OK". The predefined drive letter and everything else will do just fine.
    • The virtual SD card will now appear as "Removable Disk" in which the native Explorer window can read and write in there.
  3. When done editing the virtual SD card, simply unmount it by right-click on the "Removable Disk" then click "Unmount ImDisk Virtual Disk" from the context menu.
    • The virtual SD card must be dismounted before using with Dolphin.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Virtual_SD_Card_Guide

otaviojulian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, I did exactly as the wiki says, step by step... Still no luck.
That's the main reason why I wanted to know if I can unpack the .bin files, to get rid of this whole sd card shenanigans, as I have 2,7gb worth of dlc music.

Last edited by otaviojulian,
Reactions: yuyuyup

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I did exactly as the wiki says, step by step... Still no luck.
That's the main reason why I wanted to know if I can unpack the .bin files, to get rid of this whole sd card shenanigans, as I have 2,7gb worth of dlc music.
Sorry that's all the insight I have regarding writing virtual SDs, try to hunt down communities dedicated to Rock Band hacking (that's what I would does.) Good luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol +2