RPGMaker pro's or any game creation peoples?

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the sudden idea to make an RPG based on the movie "Stand By Me". I made some sprites. Earthbound style. I could do it myself possibly in RPG Maker XP, but I know I will end up giving up part way if I did it all alone. Maybe someone wants to help?
smile.gif
?
mellow.gif
unsure.gif

standbyme.png

standbyme2.png

StandByMe_WP_1024x768_012720051535.jpg

it could be EPIC!

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic but I really enjoyed that film when I was about 13 or so
smile.gif
You can count me in! I've been looking for an excuse to learn about RPG Maker for a while now
wink.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I pretty much know RMXP inside out (not to mention I legally own it), so sure, if you're ever unsure about something let me know
smile.gif

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I pretty much know RMXP inside out (not to mention I legally own it), so sure, if you're ever unsure about something let me know
smile.gif
Oh ya Dirtie! Dirtie! Help me make a game. You are Will Wheaton.

I really want to know how the heck you can make your entire party follow you (like in earthbound) like actually walking along behind the character you control. Cause if you can't do this in RPG maker, then you can't make a game of Stand By Me in RPG maker, period.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
smile.gif

Oh ya Dirtie! Dirtie! Help me make a game. You are Will Wheaton.

I really want to know how the heck you can make your entire party follow you (like in earthbound) like actually walking along behind the character you control. Cause if you can't do this in RPG maker, then you can't make a game of Stand By Me in RPG maker, period.
You need a custom script, commonly called a "caterpillar system". I don't think with the current ones that you can control the people following the main guy independently with events though.

http://rgss-lib.sourceforge.jp/public_scri...train_actor.txt
^Go into the script editor, insert a new script just above "Main" but below everything else (name it whatever you want), and copy and paste that entire text file into it.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember creating an "epic" game with RPGMaker for my PSOne. It was about cat's, ninja's, clan's, and jelly filled doughnuts. (Fine there were no jelly doughnuts, but it was still great!)

Wait.. Who are thous people?

th3sandm4n

I'm here for the knowledge!
Trophies
Website
www.Websiteofdoom.com
XP
Country
United States
Stand By Me owned
I used to have some bad ass Multimedia Fusion games back in the day (They were a hit in Middle School) and like 1 finished RPG that didnt ever get played lol

Ah I wish I was younger so I could have time to help out. good luck though
(on a tangent, anyone ever use clickteam's jamagic?)

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
just wanna say I've been keeping an eye on your blog for this game, looks great
just one thing that bugs me is how the sprites are 200% and all the tiles are still 100%, I realize this is because you're using rpgmaker tiles, and earthbound sprite edits, which go by different proportions
so, I propose editing the sprites like:
perhapswi0.png

wub.gif
?

edit-
oh and I love the movie too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: We had our grandkids over yesterday and I got a small above ground swimming pool I filled for...