Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rules Update!
Please read

After the recent staff meeting we have decided to make some changes to the site rules which we feel will benefit everybody. We ask you to please read the rules in their entirety (they're not long), and to stick to them to avoid trouble for both yourself and us, the staff.

We've decided to up the size limits for signatures from 400 by 100 pixels to 500 by 150 pixels. If you go over this limit you'll see scrollbars appear round your signature. We've also increased the filesize limits a bit, but most importantly the filesize limit (80kb) is now calculated between your avatar and signature in total, for example you could have a 30kb avatar and a 50kb signature, or a 60kb avatar and a 20kb signature.
If you are using a low-bandwidth connection, you still have the possibility to disable signatures and/or avatars if you want to be able to browse our forums faster.

500x150.gif

We would also like to make it clear that blogs are not exempt from the site rules. While they are a place for expressing opinions, they are not a place for harassment or flat-out flaming. On that note, neither are the forums!

If you've not already, please take a look at the rules. Be sure to familiarize yourself with them.
smile.gif

icon11.gif
 Read the new rules now!

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I enjoy the fact that obnoxiously long signatures listing a bunch of crap are now chopped off...one thing I dislike however is that I ALWAYS have those 150 pixels reserved in my post...regardless of whether my signature is too big or not. Considering how my sig is like 2 lines.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was already wondering what those scrollbars were doing in some posts
tongue.gif

Anyway, it seems like these rules are only better, so I won't get in any problems because of them
smile.gif

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
DrKupo said:
just what we need, more rules.
I hope that's not sarcasm because you've been asking for new rules for like 2 weeks. "Make it a rule!" you keep saying. Well, you got your wish.
tongue.gif

Just because I'd rather have it a rule versus it being enforced without being a rule doesn't mean I want the rule. I'd much rather have no rules against trolling/off-topic posting.

Whiternoise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DrKupo said:
Ace Gunman said:
DrKupo said:
I hope that's not sarcasm because you've been asking for new rules for like 2 weeks. "Make it a rule!" you keep saying. Well, you got your wish.
tongue.gif

Just because I'd rather have it a rule versus it being enforced without being a rule doesn't mean I want the rule. I'd much rather have no rules against trolling/off-topic posting.

Trolling is against the rules, is it not..? It's certainly frowned upon.

Off-topic posting - well i've seen plenty of posts edited by mods that are deemed unsuitable for the topic.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whiternoise said:
DrKupo said:
Ace Gunman said:
DrKupo said:
tongue.gif

Off-topic posting - well i've seen plenty of posts edited by mods that are deemed unsuitable for the topic.

....I'm saying it shouldn't be against the rules. The mods ruin valuable discussion by removing off-topic posting, and it's a shame.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DrKupo said:
Whiternoise said:
DrKupo said:
Ace Gunman said:
DrKupo said:
tongue.gif

....I'm saying it shouldn't be against the rules. The mods ruin valuable discussion by removing off-topic posting, and it's a shame.
Because a long, chained discussion about someone's sig being too large is such valuable discussion, right?
rolleyes.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok.. how will the rules about posting be used on the Testing Area?

in special:
QUOTE said:
Stay on topic; posts that do not may be removed. If you wish to discuss a different subject take it to the proper thread.

When replying to a topic, don't; unless you have something meaningful to say or something that will contribute to the discussion. Posts such as "Yes", "I agree", "LOL", "When will it be dumped?" or "When will it be translated?"; and nothing but images/emoticons or internet memes are useless and are wasteful on the servers. This is not GameFAQs or 4chan!

Those two..

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
We'll presumably be putting up a header in the testing area that states that it's exempt from all rules except flaming, warez, obscene images, requests, and advertising. We COULD put it in the rules, but that's like a one line section.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i just worked out and i'm feeling great