Gaming [RUMOR] FFXIII Trilogy coming to PS4 & Xbox One?

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i loved lightning returns, granted there is almost no story but the game play is awesome, loved the battle system. i thought ff13-1 was okay at best. I remember my first time playing and was amazed by the graphics but found it boring how there was almost no exploration til chapter 11. I never really got into ff13-2 but i do have all 3 games. I really think people don't even want to give lightning returns a chance due to how they hated 13 and 13-2 but its really a completely different game, definitely the best ff13 game by a long shot

The biggest critique point on FF13's gameplay was that it was a button masher. In FF13-3 you are still button mashing but now you occasionally have to press a different button.
And hurray we are finally able to play as lightning in a almost naked costume just because it's stronger than other costumes you might have at the time. not to mention game is lagging in the dessert with certain enemies and shadows in some areas get sharper 2 meters in front of you. No, I would call 13-3 the weakest in the series.

stae1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I MIGHT consider it for the sake of the story (which isn't that good either) for the sake of completing it.

As long as they clean up some of the messy textures and what not they had, and some frame rate issues.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
unless they remake the who XIII engine back to what they showed us in the first place i would buy it.
they cant make the same "the ps3 is not strong enough" BS excuse

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've gotta say I don't like the hatred in this thread. The final fantasy series isn't my kind of franchise, but there are some who are. Is it so much to ask to shut the fuck up if you don't like a game? Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. Is it really necessary to burden the fans of these three games with this sort of negativity while they get a (for them) sweet deal?

Reactions: Black-Ice

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've gotta say I don't like the hatred in this thread. The final fantasy series isn't my kind of franchise, but there are some who are. Is it so much to ask to shut the fuck up if you don't like a game? Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. Is it really necessary to burden the fans of these three games with this sort of negativity while they get a (for them) sweet deal?

I think the issue here is that FF games get all the hype they need no matter if they are good or bad while other RPG series get little to no hype at all no matter how great they might be.
Shin megami Tensei for example is a great game but really not many people know this game series here in Germany or even Atlus themselves.
Or Dragon quest, really few know this other popular Square Enix Franchise over here.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because it's a forum, where people can express their opinions, positive or negative.

If you can't deal with people not liking your favorite series, that's on you, not anybody else. I mean, if disagreeing about video games upsets you that much, how can you even function in your day-to-day life?

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who is Kagari and why should I think anything a NeoGAF poster says is the absolute truth?
Apparently she has connections. She started the rumor about FFvXIII being rerevealed as XV and the one that said to not expect anything about XV at this year's E3 (announced yesterday by Square Enix).
She was wrong a lot in earlier years though, for example, she said XIII would remain PS3 exclusive and never go multiplat. :/

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Apparently she has connections. She started the rumor about FFvXIII being rerevealed as XV and the one that said to not expect anything about XV at this year's E3 (announced yesterday by Square Enix).
She was wrong a lot in earlier years though, for example, she said XIII would remain PS3 exclusive and never go multiplat. :/

It was supposed to be PS3 only. However someone decided to make it multiplatform and to make it work on Xbox 360 they had to cut in content because 360 didn't support Blueray.
According to a Interview the cutout content was enough to make a whole game so we can speculate that at least 40 hours of gameplay were cut and probably something important about the story that would make it good.
Seeing how stupid the Idea of cutting so much content is just to make it multiplatform you can't really blame her to be wrong. Instead of re-releasing FF13 with the full content as a Final mix or a Addon they kept making Sequels that were worse and less well received. If they did it now FF13-2 and 13-3 would look even more like a joke.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to a Interview the cutout content was enough to make a whole game so we can speculate that at least 40 hours of gameplay were cut and probably something important about the story that would make it good.

Nothing could salvage Final Fantasy XIII. I don't think Square Enix has someone in their arsenal with half a brain to write anything that isn't convoluted trash. Anything that would be added would have just made the game even more complicated.

Reactions: CathyRina

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My reaction to this? Hint: NSFW
6dm0.png

WHAT PART OF THIS IS NOT THE GAME WE WANT REMADE DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, SQUARE? GOD!

Because Square Enix seems to enjoy pissing off everyone waiting for an FF7 remake by remaking every single Final Fantasy game except 7.

Reactions: matpower

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about not getting personal? Even if my join date wasn't publicly displayed, you should know me better than this by now. I know the general opinion on FFXIII in this forum and some other places (I watched thos spoony experiment videos).

What I'm saying is "you guys don't speak for everybody". I don't mind the occasional two minutes of hate against Goldstein final fantasy but it doesn't make you right. If really nobody wanted this, SE wouldn't have made it in the first place. And all this bitching that in the end is just publicity, it would be better served praising JRPG's that don't suck.
No, see, the problem is that the cultural racism in Square Enix means that they basically listen to the Japanese that already are pacified enough to buy such shlock, and nobody else. These are the same jokers that decided that America was too stupid to appreciate a proper jRPG, and instead of giving us arguably the mechanically best Final Fantasy - FF V, for instance - we instead get the awful, terrible Mystic Quest, and then fiddle with the numbering system to get everyone confused by the time Square decided to sync everyone up with Final Fantasy VII on the PlayStation.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Because Square Enix seems to enjoy pissing off everyone waiting for an FF7 remake by remaking every single Final Fantasy game except 7.
That isn't the case, I think Square thinks like that:
- Hey we just remade the four first Final Fantasy games, what should we do?
- Remake them again.
- And what we do after it.
- Keep remaking them, over and over again, fans will buy anyway.

Shadow_Boss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That isn't the case, I think Square thinks like that:
- Hey we just remade the four first Final Fantasy games, what should we do?
- Remake them again.
- And what we do after it.
- Keep remaking them, over and over again, fans will buy anyway.

I wish they'd remake ff8 and 9 in full out 1080p HD with voice acting, that would be awesome, id definitely buy those lmao

i bought the ff13 series for the ps3 ....i enjoyed the first one story wise anyway....didnt care for the second but beat it cuz its final fantasy and i must do it.........third one was definitely the better than the 2nd, beat it.....now i never wanna touch 13 series again lol

and if somehow by some miracle they release 15 or versus 13 whatever its called, and they don't screw it up, and it actually rocks the gaming community...i'll be happy to put my faith back into Square Soft again..........all they need to do is create a masterpiece that outdoes ff7, and then they can finally recreate ff7

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Not really a fan of Final Fantasy but I really liked that Dissidia game they released for the PSP, wish they'd remaster it in HD with online play and them have it on PS4/XO/WU, maybe for the Vita too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast