• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[RUMOR] New virus deadlier than COVID-19 has been spotted on Kazajstan

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No point in obsessing over this. This stuff is usually bad data analysis, as everything related to new infectious diseases. Remember they told us not to wear masks a few months ago? This week the WHO is saying tobacco is more harmful in this epidemic. A few months ago the studies said smokers were less likely to be hospitalized than non-smokers.

The only thing that's safe to do is ignore anything that's not based on very solid evidence, which includes this topic and basically everything WHO is saying since december. You'll know that we have a second more lethal wave when a lot more people start dying in a way that can't be attributed to poor testing results like this.

I also strongly recommend not using terms like pandemic and covid. These were created or spread by a corrupt organization, the WHO. Call it what it is: epidemic (in the relevant places), and Chinese virus, wuhan flu, or whatever you prefer.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Google news 2 seconds:
CdewIPs.png

gbatemp be like: "But I believe that this is a chinese coverup of a new chinese virus, that is deadlier, and has been spotted in kazahkstan, but is now covered up and..."

Reality more likely be like: Kazahkstans leadership tried to combat Covid-19 with philanthropy, results as expected, chinese embassy tweeted home, we have a disaster here, China telegraphed 'let us help' kazahkstan government be like - 'we have it under control'.

Last edited by notimp,

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of me wonders if these virus labs in China are being commissioned from abroad to manufacture these viruses, possibly from some other foreign government, the US, or maybe even the Satanic Gates Foundation.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
The sh*t none of you reads, because you couldnt be bothered:
President Tokayev said that “due to mass non-observance of quarantine measures, systemic mistakes of the former leadership of the ministry of health, sluggishness of the Akims [governors], we are essentially dealing with a second wave of coronavirus coupled with a sharp increase in pneumonia infections.”

Around 28,000 pneumonia patients with negative coronavirus tests are currently hospitalised in the country, 98.9% of them in moderate condition, Kazakhstan’s deputy health minister, Azhar Giniyat told local press on Tuesday.

“In terms of the incidence of pneumonia, this year it increased by 55% compared to six months last year, in June the growth was fourfold,” chief medical officer Aizhan Esmagambetova said last Friday, announcing an investigation into the growth in pneumonia cases.

Meanwhile, authorities switched to a weekly instead of daily reporting of COVID-19 fatalities “due to the fact that the commission physically does not have time to process the volume of information about the sick people,” health minister Aleksei Tsoi said on Tuesday (7 July), Tengrinews.kz reported.
https://www.euractiv.com/section/ce...he-nation-announces-national-day-of-mourning/

So the entire thing began as a political story.

A few days after this happened:
xVvnYI4.png

(Thats likely a government having to adjust downplayed numbers.)

The Chinese Embassy in Kazakhstan on Thursday warned Chinese citizens living in the country of a local pneumonia of unknown cause, which local media reported has a "much higher" fatality rate than COVID-19.

The unknown pneumonia in Kazakhstan caused 1,772 deaths in the first six months of the year, including 628 people in June alone, including Chinese citizens, the embassy said in a statement on its WeChat platform on Thursday, citing Kazakh media reports.

The fatality rate of the disease is much higher than COVID-19, and organizations including Kazakhstan's health department are studying the "virus of this pneumonia," the embassy quoted media.

There hasn't been any indication whether this disease is related to the COVID-19.
https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1194082.shtml
Then the chinese ambassy warned citizens in Kazakhstan, based on local media reports. On Whatsapp.

No one by then had even bothered to look, at the genome of the proposed 'new virus', but Kazakhstans politicians were quick to mention, someone would do something responsible, for sure.

The first time any scientist seemingly tried to dissect this, they came to the conclusion, yeah - probably Covid-19 (WHO reports).

Then some fruit right wing news collective picked it up, and made this the third new pandemic out of china that never existed, then gbatemp flipped.

Because you are trusting a Khasakstan politician handling a crisis, the Kazakhstan medical system that 28.000 Covid tests were negative, but their pneumonia rate doubled, and whatever the chinese ambassy in Kazakhstan wrote on whatsapp.

Give yourselves a round of applause.

Last edited by notimp,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You guys are all the worst - collectively.

Racist bunch the whole of you.

Bareley any grasp on reality.

But racist - so theres a bond.

WIll not contribute to this thread.

gbatemp, where bigots are born obsessing over death, and how to attribute the cause to a freaking nationality.

gbatemp, where no one cares to say anything about this anymore - because no one cares about you guys.

'Is chinas health system worse?'

No the truth is the US health system is the worst equipped for any pandemic outbreak. The US culture is the worst equipped for any pandemic outbreak, and the US social system is the worst equipped for any pandemic outbreak. Amongst all major nations.

Now search for a scapegoat on that.

(China can quarantine and control outbreaks in ways no western country can, bummer. Not pleasant for the people that are controlled, but effective.)

No, the truth is, that china did more for the global prevention of Covid deaths, in direct help, equipment, science and shared knowledge, than the US ever could have managed - in a hundred years.

While you guys are philosophizing over a chinese bat, a chinese pig, and a kazajstanian goat, that for some reason - also sounds chinese to you.
Did you even read the whole shit I copy pasted?
I guess... some people can't help but bring out their most ineer thoughts... like, who said anything about China and Chinese people anyways?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Did you even read the whole shit I copy pasted?
I guess... some people can't help but bring out their most ineer thoughts... like, who said anything about China and Chinese people anyways?
Most of the people in this thread.

You had a whole side debate going, where people slandered china. Then you (if I remember correctly) told everyone, that you would not believe the WHO, when they said - its probably Covid-19.

I mean if the entire thread is rightwing talking points, and all of them are BS, what would you do? Not say a thing?

Or instead blame people for seeking out diversions from whats going on in their country making up entire narratives about the third pandemic after Covid-19 being 'chinese' again. And fyi, we had the second pandemic scare after Covid-19 in here as a separate thread also, also misrepresented, also with the 'chinese are to blame angle'.

Its just something with this forum, where people have to post every fear bait article they find - while at the same time saying that Covid-19, and climate change are a hoax.

You know, like everyones worst idea of a gamer.

Last edited by notimp,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Most of the people in this thread.

You had a whole side debate going, where people slandered china. Then you (if I remember correctly) told everyone, that you would not believe the WHO, when they said - its probably Covid-19.

I mean if the entire thread is rightwing talking points, and all of them are BS, what would you do? Not say a thing?

Or instead blame people for seeking out diversions from whats going on in their country making up entire narratives about the third pandemic after Covid-19 being 'chinese' again. And fyi, we had the second pandemic scare after Covid-19 in here as a separate thread also, also misrepresented, also with the 'chinese are to blame angle'.

Its just something with this forum, where people have to post every fear bait article they find - while at the same time saying that Covid-19, and climate change are a hoax.

You know, like everyones worst idea of a gamer.
I honestly can barely understand what you're trying to say... but I guess... if it makes you happy... then... yes I'm blaming China.
Don't forget to keep breathing.

Reactions: VinsCool

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I'm saying, that you have a responsibility for how your thread develops as well. If all you are content with having people hate against another nation and you yourself keeping a myth alive, that the WHO might be lying here - to produce a huge coverup - when all they gave is a probability assessment at this point -

someone is bound to do something.

Take responsibility for what you have created, or someone else has to.

And everytime I tell someone in here, that they are distributing right wing hate propaganda, they probably got on facebook (in the angle they are promoting about certain stories) and now are resharing, all of a sudden they find you so hard to understand...

Same kind of hard to understand as 'please don't post borderline fake news, and then drive the most outrageous angle on it until you have three people in here openly questioning, why the chinese are so evil/incompetent..'.

It is not my job to go after every news item in here and tell you that its political, and has no known scientific background (except that maybe 28k Covid-19 Tests in Kazahkstan might not have worked)), whatsoever - thats your job, before you promote a news item for others to read.

When a thread has reached the point of this one - I feel I have to though.

Part of my spiel is to tell people, that they should employ critical thinking, and become educated news consumers, because no one in the ecosystem out there actually cares about them much (they arent paying). And then you come in with 'the next corona, 700 people dead - whats wrong about those chines' the thread.

And a week prior another person did the same with the last strain of swineflu that was found in china and the BBC for some reason labeld 'the next epidemic - maybe?'

And all of this, while people want to ignore any news on Covid-19 in the US, as it stats to look more dire?

You have made 'scapegoat the chinese', 'could the thing that arguably doesnt exist - be even worse', 'we have no known scientific analysis - lets speculate' the thread.

And then you want others to explain what might be wrong with this?

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Reuters:
GENEVA, July 10 (Reuters) - Mike Ryan, head of the World Health Organization's emergencies programme, said on Friday that an outbreak of pneumonia in Kazakhstan, reported to be highly lethal, was "certainly on our radar".

But he also said it was possible it might be COVID-19.

"The upward trajectory of COVID-19 in the country would suggest that many of these cases are in fact undiagnosed cases of COVID-19," he told an online briefing from Geneva. (Reporting by Stephanie Nebehay and Michael Shields in Geneva; Writing by Kevin Liffey; Editing by Edmund Blair)
src: https://www.thesundaily.my/world/re...neumonia-in-kazakhstan-on-our-radar-II2785930

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Dont forget to leave a like