Gaming [Rumor] Skyward sword leaked

Joshifer34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It leaked but the few people who have it are being jerks about sharing it. Their literally dangling it in front of people in discord. Annoying.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, you are not entitled to a game several days early. If you aren't paying for it, you aren't entitled to it at all.

Second, don't trust any allegations that people have the game early until the game actually gets leaked. Remember that Skyward Sword came out for the Wii in 2011, so it could be pretty easy to fake whatever evidence you think you've seen. It isn't hard, for example, to play Skyward Sword on the Switch using a Wii emulator on your PC and SkyNX on your Switch.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I technically have skyward sword. it's on my primary switch. except, I can't play it 'til it's released. ;) I have a hackable switch, but I don't want to get involved with the switch. I do download games I own and only games I own as not to leave a trail on my system, if one is even created when you dump a game.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine it wouldn't be hard to fake. here it is on my system:

20210713_134930.jpg

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it known what Firmware is needed?
I haven't seen any evidence that it has been leaked, so we don't know what system version is needed. My subjective guess is that regardless of what's officially needed, it will be patchable down to at least 10.x.

Reactions: Frexxos

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably. I heard that the latest firmware introduces a new key 0B. without a hacked switch, I don't know what that key is. this game is probably using 0A.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had checked my sources I don't think it leaked however my best guess firmware requirements will be similar to Mario golf 11.0.0 and the update will be the latest firmware.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question, that is slightly off topic, but can a game with a newer key be downgraded to a firmware which doesn't have that key at all?

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, easily. The only real limiter is the SDK that was used when developing the game.

Just to piggyback the PS4 scene you can backport games on older firmware I would prefer to do that since I kinda always hate updating my CFW and maybe I can still reap the benefits of my other switch that has SXOS.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to piggyback the PS4 scene you can backport games on older firmware I would prefer to do that since I kinda always hate updating my CFW and maybe I can still reap the benefits of my other switch that has SXOS.
Newer Switch games eventually require newer system versions in a way that cannot be patched. If you keep your Switch on 11.0.0 for use with SX OS, for example, then you will eventually run into games that don't work.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newer Switch games eventually require newer system versions in a way that cannot be patched. If you keep your Switch on 11.0.0 for use with SX OS, for example, then you will eventually run into games that don't work.

Ahh okay I understand I have 2 switches the one with SXOS I haven't used in a while but Atmosphere I use quite frequently. I just kinda hate updating my firmware alot because I fear of it messing up but alright I'll do some research to see if 12.0.0 is stable to work on my apps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I heard a good one at the bar last night, made me think for sec. - "If you are cold, go stand in...