Gaming [Rumour] Project H.A.M.M.E.R Cancelled?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From IGN:
Insiders close to development studio NST allege to IGN that the software company's Wii action title, tentatively titled Project H.A.M.M.E.R., has been terminated by publisher Nintendo. Sources further claim that the team formerly working on the title is now underway with one or more efforts that fall into the "expanded audience" lineup of games.

We placed calls to Nintendo of America for an official confirmation or denial, but the subsidiary did not get back to us in time for publish.

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. was debuted at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2006 in interactive form. The game starred players as a powerful half man and half machine fighter who, armed with a giant hammer, could obliterate any robot enemies in his path. Gamers gestured downward with the Wii remote in a simulated hammer smash to wield the weapon.

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. was last seen at E3 2006. The game's release date remains listed on Nintendo's official press site as "TBA," or to be announced.

Our sources were unable to provide a reason for the alleged termination. However, IGN Wii has heard separately that Nintendo is actively re-working some traditional games so that they are more accessible by casual players. If it is truly canned, Project H.A.M.M.E.R. may have become a casualty of Wii's newfound success in the mainstream market.

Readers are reminded that this rumor is currently unsubstantiated by official Nintendo sources. We'll keep you posted with any updates they become available.

If it is canceled then I don't think it is because of the casual audience, but maybe if they couldn't get the game to stay fresh for long enough or that the game wouldn't have been very good. Ok Mario Party 8 was pretty crap but that had Mario to sell it, PH was a new IP and had to depend on being very good to sell. Anyway just a rumour, lets see if it appears at the E3 thing.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Not good news
frown.gif

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
I never liked that game. Especially since it was a new Nintendo IP - it absolutely did not seem to be of Nintendo quality from what I've seen.

The concept itself made me weak in the stomach. Just the thought of a videogame whose gimmick is the use of a hammer is the equivalent, for me atleast, as having to eat German Sausage I found in an alleyway behind a dumpster on my knees in a pool of my own vomit while a bald, gay mofo called "Björn" waving a broken beer bottle with his pants down calls me "Herr Sweetlips" while making rhytmic circular motions with his hips.

It seemed like a "whatever" title.
Maybe reminiscent of Blast Corps or Body Harvest for the N64 - but with a lot more suck.

I was hoping cracks were starting to appear in Nintendo's flawless façade and was allready celebrating by waving an AK in the air and dancing around in circles with my bearded Shite friends, but they seem to have caught themselves creating something sucky in time. Damn.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I never liked that game. Especially since it was a new Nintendo IP - it absolutely did not seem to be of Nintendo quality from what I've seen.

The concept itself made me weak in the stomach. Just the thought of a videogame whose gimmick is the use of a hammer is the equivalent, for me atleast, as having to eat German Sausage I found in an alleyway behind a dumpster on my knees in a pool of my own vomit while a bald, gay mofo called "Björn" waving a broken beer bottle with his pants down calls me "Herr Sweetlips" while making rhytmic circular motions with his hips.

It seemed like a "whatever" title.
Maybe reminiscent of Blast Corps or Body Harvest for the N64 - but with a lot more suck.

I was hoping cracks were starting to appear in Nintendo's flawless façade and was allready celebrating by waving an AK in the air and dancing around in circles with my bearded Shite friends, but they seem to have caught themselves creating something sucky in time. Damn.

hahaha amen to that
wink.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well from what we saw it looked kinda boring and repetitive. But then we saw so little of it anyway, perhaps that was just a one level training bit to ease you into the game.

If that would've been the whole game than its best being vaporware.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man what the hell are you lot saying? Project H.A.M.M.E.R looked like a lot of fun! NST are a good developer and if it played half as well as say God of War it would have been a good game.

Oh well, if this gets cancelled maybe they can start work on a new Wave Race or 1080.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?