Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
A new Sonic game in the works?

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

the sonic cycle will just repeat itself again and again and again...
I thought the "sonic cycle" was broken? :unsure:
Damn Straight it was
xpttu8.jpg

Makoto03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure it will be that great. I always assumed Sonic Heroes was Sonic Adventure 3 when it first came out, more or less. I didn't like that game at all. I'd honestly rather have a sequel to Sonic Generations, since that's the first 3D Sonic I've genuinely loved. Even though I really liked Sonic Adventure 2, it had a lot of camera issues and some terrible level designs.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. Make non-sonic/shadow levels suck less - or if that does not work remove them outright.
2. Include Chao-garden, possibly make it even more addicting.
3. No bullshit surrounding the game (DRM, DLC, unfinished release, platform-exclusive, etc.)
4. ???
5. Fucktons of profit.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it was generations smashed it. they should make sonic more like that not that crappy SA.

some claim it was colours :P

Has anyone here ever heard the story about the ring that granted one wish, but it was always with a twist of evil?
An orphan lived with his aunt and uncle found the ring. After thinking about the wish, one night he wished his parents back to life. His aunt and uncle only found out about the ring moments after the wish had been made and had heard the horrors that follow it around... Luckily nothing happened with this wish.

...For a few hours.
later that night the boy heard a moaning and scratching at the other side of the door. his aunt and uncle rushed there before he could open it and embrace his "parents". They warned him not to and he cried and begged until the sun was showing over the horizon... Finally he managed to muscle past his guardians and open the door...

The outside of the door was all clawed up, and there were two piles of bones and tattered, decayed clothing.

Do you really want SEGA to bring back sonic after the atrocities they have recently released?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it was generations smashed it. they should make sonic more like that not that crappy SA.

etc

couldn't care if Sega brought back Sonic or Alex Kidd, if it was a decent game I'd give it a go, if not we must move on

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

colours was on the right track but it still had flaws and bad stages. gen is perfect IMO.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Do you really want SEGA to bring back sonic after the atrocities they have recently released?

Sega will never make a Sonic game to please eveybody.

I personally think all 3D Sonic games blow. I thought Sonic 4 Ep 1 was pretty OK, apart from the irritating torch puzzle. Sonic Generations on the 3DS was pretty cool; but the PC version was pap.

Guess what, though? There will be people with total opposite opinions to mine! And there will be people with mixed of my opinions vs opposite opinions. And so it goes on.

There are people who want nothing more than a sonic in the style of 1-3 but with nicer graphics. While I'm ok with that, and I'd buy those games, these people who want only that will not accept anything different. Sonic 4 had different physics. While they were a bit weird to start with, I don't think they ruined the game at all. I also happen to think the homing attack is an excellent addition. Sonic 4 has probably given Sega a bit of a headache, as it has it's own little fanbase now. But it's not anywhere near as big as the fanbase of the classic sonic games. Yet if Sonic 5 were to revert to classic physics and get rid of the homing attack, you can sure that the Sonic 4 fanbase would just as vocally be calling for Sega's just as venomously as every other Sonic 'fan' group.

My only complaint about Sonic 4 Ep2 is it isn't available for Wii or 3DS; so I have nothing to play it on.

There are people who never played 2D sonic and hate 2D Sonic games for getting in the way of the potential development of 3D titles. There are people who want direct copies and sequals to Sonic Adventure. If Sega please this fan group by creating a game that's pretty much Adventure with new levels, then there will be pissy screams from a faction saying "it's just the same old crap. there's nothing new". If it's remotely different the pissy screams will be just as loud from another conglomerate saying "Sega have messed up again. This isn't what we wanted". Whatever the screams are, for whatever reason, they will always be louder and far more headline-worthy than the hundreds of quietly happy punters of the game.

Sonic fans will never allow a Sonic game to be successful. Which is a damned shame.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"KNUCKLES COMPOSER WORKING ON NEW SONIC PROJECT"

Rapper Hunnid-P, who is the man behind the notorious Knuckle’s theme in Sonic Adventure 2, has revealed via Youtube that he’s working on a new Knuckles theme for an upcoming Sonic project. We revealed this morning that Sega, or a third-party, has been registering numerous domains for Sonic Adventure 3, so maybe this information ties in with that.

“I’ll have some new Knuckles music as soon as Sega and I work on this new project for Sonic so stay tuned!”

Thanks, Horacio

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Has anyone here ever heard the story about the ring that granted one wish, but it was always with a twist of evil?
An orphan lived with his aunt and uncle found the ring. After thinking about the wish, one night he wished his parents back to life. His aunt and uncle only found out about the ring moments after the wish had been made and had heard the horrors that follow it around... Luckily nothing happened with this wish.

...For a few hours.
later that night the boy heard a moaning and scratching at the other side of the door. his aunt and uncle rushed there before he could open it and embrace his "parents". They warned him not to and he cried and begged until the sun was showing over the horizon... Finally he managed to muscle past his guardians and open the door...

The outside of the door was all clawed up, and there were two piles of bones and tattered, decayed clothing.

That sounds like a modified version of The Monkey's Paw.

Reactions: 1 person

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hundreds of quietly happy punters of the game.
That's the problem here: People who act like pussies and because of that, they never get their voice to be heard.

Not really. They're too busy enjoying the game to worry about all the bitch fighting. And they've probably realized that you can't win an argument. for every positive comment you post, there's going to be a string of bile-filled replies.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

...For a few hours.

That sounds like a modified version of The Monkey's Paw.
NO WAY you are totally right! I couldnt remember what it was called, i just wanted to use that example. Thanks man!

Makoto03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"KNUCKLES COMPOSER WORKING ON NEW SONIC PROJECT"

Rapper Hunnid-P, who is the man behind the notorious Knuckle’s theme in Sonic Adventure 2, has revealed via Youtube that he’s working on a new Knuckles theme for an upcoming Sonic project. We revealed this morning that Sega, or a third-party, has been registering numerous domains for Sonic Adventure 3, so maybe this information ties in with that.

“I’ll have some new Knuckles music as soon as Sega and I work on this new project for Sonic so stay tuned!”

Thanks, Horacio
Sweet!! I liked Knuckles rap themes. I also hope there will be new Crush 40 music as well.

ShawnBurress

HI i'm Shawn, i love "Loither Squad."
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no offense but the box art, cover etc looks fan made, but I could be wrong and you could be right about all of this. Let me know if something comes up, like something big.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is true, considering the last few Sonic games were quite good (Especially Generations), I think I might be able to avoid getting sucked into the "Sonic Hype cycle"

Either way, I'm still pretty depressed they couldnt figure out a way to work Online into Adventure 2 HD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal...