Hacking Running donor NAND from other console, is it possible?

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two consoles, both exploitable. One is banned with most of my saves, one is untouched outside of payloads, no CFW on this one

The idea being, I want to have get the banned NAND bootable for a Atmos or SX emunand - I have both dumped, FW matched, keys, I tried replacing PRODINFO, PROD F, SAFE, SYSTEM, and USER all re-encrypted for the new console, doesn't boot - not that I expected that to work - though, before I quit and just merge saves/keys over manually I figured I might ask.

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two consoles, both exploitable. One is banned with most of my saves, one is untouched outside of payloads, no CFW on this one

The idea being, I want to have get the banned NAND bootable for a Atmos or SX emunand - I have both dumped, FW matched, keys, I tried replacing PRODINFO, PROD F, SAFE, SYSTEM, and USER all re-encrypted for the new console, doesn't boot - not that I expected that to work - though, before I quit and just merge saves/keys over manually I figured I might ask.

The idea being, I want to have get the banned NAND bootable for a Atmos or SX emunand - Setup emunand and thats it. No need to swap nands etc.

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to read again

Means to an end is to have all keys and saves tied to the emunand, which means either

Find a way to get a bootable NAND from that console, if possible
Reinstall every game and inject every save file to the new console

The later I can do, but the first option is preferable - given this NAND is already banned, there's no DNS stuff to deal with going online/stealth mode or whatever

Last edited by lisreal2401,

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is this what you did?

1. Updating both devices to same firmware
2. Backup both nands
3. Use the tools that allow mounting of switch partitions of Switch A
4. Copy each partition somewhere on your PC
5. Mount Switch B partitions
6. Delete all files then replace using files from Switch A

Other than that, I'm not sure if there are other methods.

Last edited by fvig2001,

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything to step number 3, then it gets messy.

I can definitely give that a try - I'll see it how it works out

did i understand that right? you want to use your banned nand and run it on an emunand on the unbanned console?
Indeed - I explained above why. Banned or not isn't really the problem - I just want a lazy transfer to this console.

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Everything to step number 3, then it gets messy.

I can definitely give that a try - I'll see it how it works out

Indeed - I explained above why. Banned or not isn't really the problem - I just want a lazy transfer to this console.

okay, but i dont know if its even possible because i heard that every console has a different encryption or something like that, i dont know about how an emunand exactly works, but in hekate you have an option to backup and restore an emunand. maybe create an emunand on your banned switch since it creates it with all your banned data, back it up and restore it on the emunand you created on your unbanned switch? i wouldnt recommend it tho since i dont know what could go wrong and be messed up.

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I did

Dump both of them
Extracted USER and SYSTEM from banned
Deleted files in both and transferred to unbanned
Injected SAFE, PRODINFO and PRODINF0 into unbanned

Boots to Nintendo logo on source console. Black screen in Atmosphere on the unbanned

Thinking about giving up on this, but if there's a method to transfer keys/saves, I'd love to know.

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
with keys you mean the ones that detects if you are banned or not? and with saves you mean savegames? maybe it is possible to just inject the prodinfo part of the switch, because i guess the other parts will be not read correctly on another switch. and if you really meant savegames, just use checkpoint. i would recommend to just extract things from any sysnand and inject only things to either the emunand or the banned sysnand (only making sure to point this out, and sorry if you knew things already).

EDIT: so i researched a bit and i am really not sure which informations are known to ban a switch. i wouldnt recommend messing with anything in the unbanned console too much since the emunand could still have enough info to get your switch banned. + i think if there would be any safer way to run an emunand, we would have known by now. in my head i have a theory that if you delete any data that is used to go online on nintendo servers and detect if this switch is unbanned or not, you could theoretically be safe to use internet for homebrewing and everything else. but i guess developers that create cfw and know much about the sysnand would have known already if theres a way by now. there might be a small chance that no one cared by now, but i think its unlikely and this theory already has a discussion-post in 2018.

Last edited by JackTheFroster,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck