Hacking Running GC backups via disc drive

paulttt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I'm using a first gen wii at the minute, that can load wii backups from a burnt disc. I'm interested in running Gamecube games from DVD instead of from a usb loader.

What are my best options for doing this? All the guides I have read only include USB/SD loading. Is there a reason behind this other than the convenience of having all games on a central device/load times?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NGC games via disc offers near perfect compatibliity. USB/SD loaders (DM, DML, nintendont, devolution) have been slowly chipping away the compatibility limitations; it's to the point now that USB loaders can play many/most NGC games flawlessly...making disc loading less appealing.

if you want to play from discs, you only need to make sure you have a working compatible drive (one that can read DVD backups), and install a cMIOS. there are a few different cMIOS's available (you can get them via ModMii page 4). one has a loader built in which allows for multi-game discs.

it's also been reported that playing from DVD backups can were out the disc drive faster than normal. also, some drives are picky about disc brands and type (DVD+R or DVD-R)...though i've not encountered issues with either. ...for whatever that's worth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk