Running into a problem loading homebrew

Maverick Lunar X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I discovered recently that attempting to boot certain .xbe's is resulting in a reboot to my dash (UnleashX). I have a 500 GB HDD thrown in that has its F:/ drive formatted with 32k clusters. It's weird, my last test had Surreal 64, Cave Story X, and Coinops 5 reboot, but XBMC loaded up just fine, as well as a few backups. I've already tried copying over new copies of everything and a reformat. I'm wondering if I broke something trying to get Coinops5 to work =\

Any suggestions are very welcome

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is your xbox chipped/TSOP flashed?
Then I suggest backing up everything and reformatting the entire HDD with Slayers.
Then copy your original C drive back as well as your E and other drives.

Also, what version of UnleashX are you running?
I had no problems with mine ever.

Maverick Lunar X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your xbox chipped/TSOP flashed?
Then I suggest backing up everything and reformatting the entire HDD with Slayers.
Then copy your original C drive back as well as your E and other drives.

Also, what version of UnleashX are you running?
I had no problems with mine ever.

Its just soft modded, was running build 584, reverted to an earlier build for testing (572? not at the xbox atm) with the same results after a reformat of the F partition. I've had this thing since 2007 with no problems, literally just started shenanigans. I had been attempting to get CoinOPS to work and had deleted some UDATA folders I thought were related to the problem (Coinops would load, but would only play MAME and PS1 games, nothing else) so I started trying to boot some .xbe's directly to see if I could find a solution. One of them was a redirect to Soul Calibur II, it ended up creating a 000000000 UDATA directory with the SCII titleimages and whatnot in it, and some of my applications began showing it as its icon (such as xbpartitioner 1.3).

Some other things that are concerning me are that files with no extension are not copying over FTP (they show up as empty folders instead of a file) and FlashFXP is outright not able to write to it; I had been using FileZilla anyways, but started trying other programs for troubleshooting. Also, it doesn't seem to matter which partition I place the xbe/app/homebrew/whatever on, or if I try to load it through UnleashX or XBMC, it will always just redirect to dash. I can't help shaking the feeling that I borked something booting that soul cal II redirect xbe.

Is Slayers the same thing as SID?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Slayers CD is pretty much an auto installer.
It formats and repartitions your entire HDD, then copies stock dash files + softmod files to your HDD.

I wouldn't recommend using it on a softmodded xbox (cause of accidental reboots etc)

What you could do is format everything and reverting back to MSdash 5960 (iirc)
The dash that you had to backup when you originally sotfmodded it.
Then resoftmod everything again.

Maverick Lunar X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sort of tried that when I reverted to the previous UnleashX build; I used the SID installer to resoftmod it, but I did not revert to MSdash first ( I still have the back up, I'll try that tomorrow)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Remember to completely delete everything off off your HDD (only the C:/ should remain)
Then reinstall everything from scratch.

Hopefully that will work~

Maverick Lunar X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUCCESS!

So, I stumbled across someone who had an issue with MAMEoX loading slowly, and did what they did to fix it: Deleted my UDATA/TDATA folders. Suddenly, everything works. Now I have the pleasure of going through the tedious process of adding them back in one at a time ( I still have all the old DLC from Halo 1&2, Steel Batallion LoC, etc. MUST NOT LOSE IT )

Thanks for brainstorming with me Dinoh!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sweet~
Yeh by entirely formatting your Xbox you'll revert everything back to stock.
Pretty much the best way to go on hardmodded systems is to reinstall everything ;p

Aye neato and no problems~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1