• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Russia's "day of victory" (May 9th) could spell doom for us all

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ukraine is a limited operation.
Bruh, Ukraine has destroyed and captured so many of Russia's tanks that they held a parade with them. I understand that you desperately want to pretend that Russia is winning this fight, or that the "full might" of their army hasn't been deployed yet, but that's not the reality of the situation.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Bruh, Ukraine has destroyed and captured so many of Russia's tanks that they held a parade with them. I understand that you desperately want to pretend that Russia is winning this fight, or that the "full might" of their army hasn't been deployed yet, but that's not the reality of the situation.
Yes and the ghost kiev flew over my house

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If at this stage your belive propaganda from any side them i just don't know what to tell you
The source isn't Russian or Ukrainian. With a little bit of digging you can even find satellite imagery of the war unfolding. Clearly you'd rather bury your head in the sand if it isn't going Putin's way, though, and it most certainly isn't.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It seems the Nazi group Azov finally surrender to the Russians giving them. full control Mariupol. Not sure how many troops this free for other places or if it changes anything in the big picture.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

this What RUSSIAN Victory looks like... ( NOW having actual NATO on its boarder... They cant bully its neighbors anymore)

Reactions: Xzi

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I hear all over the news, Russia is a fraud millitarily
They were supposed to be one of the most powerful country millitary wise in the world
But they weren't able to take over a small country like Ukraine
Even with all the help they get, Russia should still be able to take it over if they were that powerful

They conscript peoples seeking for more soldiers, why? Because Putin is desperate but doesn't want to admit he lost the war HE started...

That makes me wonder if his nukes really are that advanced/powerful as they claim...

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
From what I hear all over the news, Russia is a fraud millitarily
They were supposed to be one of the most powerful country millitary wise in the world
But they weren't able to take over a small country like Ukraine
Even with all the help they get, Russia should still be able to take it over if they were that powerful

They conscript peoples seeking for more soldiers, why? Because Putin is desperate but doesn't want to admit he lost the war HE started...

That makes me wonder if his nukes really are that advanced/powerful as they claim...
I mean look at the USA in Afghanistan US exited that place and abandoned people cuz they could not win

We have to understand that 1 Russia has not mobilized its army its a small operational force while Ukraine has they have the third largest army in Europe while also getting arms from Nato.

Ukraine is no pushover they are people defending what it's theirs to the end +

But there are limits as we are starting to see below after the Azov Neo Nazis were finally conquered things are changing

XanthosAlexander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean look at the USA in Afghanistan US exited that place and abandoned people cuz they could not win

We have to understand that 1 Russia has not mobilized its army its a small operational force while Ukraine has they have the third largest army in Europe while also getting arms from Nato.

Ukraine is no pushover they are people defending what it's theirs to the end +

But there are limits as we are starting to see below after the Azov Neo Nazis were finally conquered things are changing

Fighters from the Azov Regiment are not neo-nazis. Please do not confuse nationalism and nazism. It is important to distinguish between the concepts of patriotism, nationalism and Nazism. You can read more about patriotism at https://artscolumbia.org/free-essays/patriotism/ Here you will find its signs and examples of manifestation, its connection with nationalism.

Last edited by XanthosAlexander,

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Some Updates

As many of you have seen the Media seems to be changing its tone, as is become clear Ukraine, is losing and will lose sadly
any chance for them to come out on top is going away and I don't think a fair peace deal is possible anymore.

Right now this is the latest wish list

nobody in Europe can give this as this is pretty much asking for a whole new army

another thing I posted before about how Russia is not using its whole army now we have some % of how much it's actually in Ukraine.

Unlike Ukraine, which uses 100% of its army, Russia uses only 12% as they had not mobilized anything.

I think is time to face reality was it worth it to destroy our economies?

Fighters from the Azov Regiment are not neo-nazis. Please do not confuse nationalism and nazism.
I guess I imagine the the Nazi symbols

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/VAfy26xs6e0?si=EuGdWe_Y25-rfmms accurate