Hardware Misc RVL-001(EUR) is not giving any video or audio output but it seems to load

vento5886

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi :)

I recently got my hands in an old wii that my cousin had and I'm having some issues with the video or audio output.

As stated, the wii is not giving any video or audio input, even though it seems to load everything. Also it seems that it can read Wii discs (It doesn't do funky noises with the DVD drive). Also, I couldn't get any remotes, but I asked a friend of mine to borrow one, just to troubleshoot.

Now, since this was exposed to dirt and dust, is it maybe the video cable that is faulty? Or is it something with the system it self?

Also, soldering is going to be tough with me, so if there is a way that doesn't evolve in opening this, I would be appreciated.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated, the wii is not giving any video or audio input, even though it seems to load everything.
The green (power) light stays on when you turn it on, can eject discs etc.?
Now, since this was exposed to dirt and dust, is it maybe the video cable that is faulty?
Possible. Do you have any spare cables to test with? Also, check the av port for any damage/dirt/corrosion etc. and clean it if it is dirty.

vento5886

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The green (power) light stays on when you turn it on, can eject discs etc.?
yep, everything seems like normal. green light is on.

Possible. Do you have any spare cables to test with? Also, check the av port for any damage/dirt/corrosion etc. and clean it if it is dirty.
about cables, I do not have any spare cables. but I have a friend of mine that has a wii. maybe I could pass there with it.

I also checked the av port and the cable and is oddly clean. but the usb ports are another thing. gotta get some isopropyl alcochol

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about cables, I do not have any spare cables. but I have a friend of mine that has a wii. maybe I could pass there with it.
Worth a try.
I also checked the av port and the cable and is oddly clean. but the usb ports are another thing. gotta get some isopropyl alcochol
Shouldn't be the cause of your problem, still, best to clean them up just in case.

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you trying on a monitor or TV? which cable are you using?
Try turning on the Wii with the AV cable unplugged, wait 30 seconds - 1min then plug the cable in. This should reset the resolution in case it's somehow set to component/composite.

Reactions: vento5886

vento5886

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
are you trying on a monitor or TV? which cable are you using?
Try turning on the Wii with the AV cable unplugged, wait 30 seconds - 1min then plug the cable in. This should reset the resolution in case it's somehow set to component/composite.
I'm using a not-so-old TV (up to 1080p, FullHD) with the original AV cable.

also I tried that and no luck. thank you anyways

Last edited by vento5886,

vento5886

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Btw, you won't get a "1080p" signal with or without the composite cables (only 480p/i)..
yeah, I know I'm not gonna have HD. I actually like the low-resolusion of the Wii. It gives me nostalgia
Post automatically merged:

✨️FLASHING NEWS✨

So, I found the problem. As a kind of a dumb fuck I am, I forgot to check the AV pin connectors, and of all of them, guess what? The connector only has 4 pins, and the other ones are completely missing.

So it's not about the system, or something that evolves advanced stuff and opening it up. I just need to get a new cable.

Last edited by vento5886,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.bcuninstaller.com/ +1