Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone to confirm that the 2.6.2 stopped the random bricks? Gonna install a9lh on my N3DS next wednesday or thursday (11/09 and 11/10), brand-new console on 10.7 and dual IPS, haven't been taken out of the box once.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could confirm anything, but for some reason I haven't even been able to update my a9lh installation. It keeps giving an "OTP hash or nand key are invalid" error since 2.6.1. So far there haven't been any updates to my support ticket/issue on github, and I've kept he original otp.bin files from when the 2.1 downgrade was the only method. I can't understand why it's acting up now.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wish I could confirm anything, but for some reason I haven't even been able to update my a9lh installation. It keeps giving an "OTP hash or nand key are invalid" error since 2.6.1. So far there haven't been any updates to my support ticket/issue on github, and I've kept he original otp.bin files from when the 2.1 downgrade was the only method. I can't understand why it's acting up now.
You shouldn't need your OTP to update. You just need the latest build of A9LH for the update.
As well, make sure your SD card is formatted properly. The best way to do that is to back up your SD card, then reformat it using emunand9, there is an option to reformat and not make an emuNAND. It will properly format your SD to work best on the 3DS.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

sevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to use the latest SafeA9LHInstaller (2.6.2) on a virgin 2DS on 6.0? I am getting ready and about to use the Plailect guide, but it says to use 2.0.3 for the 2DS/O3DS. However, it then says to use the latest version of SafeA9LHInstaller on the "Updating A9LH" section.

Just wondering which version is safe to use, or if it even matters at all. I do plan to copy A9LH to CTRNAND after I'm done with the guide.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Follow the guide.
Use 2.0.3 to get your OPT and install A9LH.
After if you want/need to update you can use the latest version.

Reactions: sevo

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
One question: I have already installed the Luma in CTRNAND. It's working perfectly.
My question is when to get out a new update for Luma should I update the file in CTRNAND.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question: I have already installed the Luma in CTRNAND. It's working perfectly. My question is when to get out a new update for Luma should I update the file in CTRNAND.
If your still using the nightly update it to the stable but you shouldn't need to update it with every update. Only important ones like updated to support a new firmware or something

Reactions: Ryumaru

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
If your still using the nightly update it to the stable but you shouldn't need to update it with every update. Only important ones like updated to support a new firmware or something
This file placed inside the CTRNAND prevents 3ds be updated if the 3ds is not connected with SD card.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting the same issue. Even double-checked the guide to make sure I was doing it all right. Even tried getting my OTP just like you did. Still nada.
Either Pailect or Aurora missed something, I think. Unless we both somehow made the same mistake. Which we may well have done - I don't exactly know how to read the source code of these payloads.

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I'm getting the same issue. Even double-checked the guide to make sure I was doing it all right. Even tried getting my OTP just like you did. Still nada.
Either Pailect or Aurora missed something, I think. Unless we both somehow made the same mistake. Which we may well have done - I don't exactly know how to read the source code of these payloads.
You can do what I did spent the necessary files to a new SD card and the error did not appear.
You may be replacing any existing file, and this may be causing a failure.

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is 2.62 safe? I use 2.51 for my new 3ds but I'm doing my friend's n3ds as a fav and wondering if I should use it since the GitHub said fixed rare brick cases

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
is 2.62 safe? I use 2.51 for my new 3ds but I'm doing my friend's n3ds as a fav and wondering if I should use it since the GitHub said fixed rare brick cases
Why would you not use a newer version that can prevent rare bricks? 2.62 has already been out for 6 days, you would think there should be more cases if it was "unsafe".

Last edited by justln,

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it safe to use the latest SafeA9LHInstaller (2.6.2) on a virgin 2DS on 6.0? I am getting ready and about to use the Plailect guide, but it says to use 2.0.3 for the 2DS/O3DS. However, it then says to use the latest version of SafeA9LHInstaller on the "Updating A9LH" section.

Just wondering which version is safe to use, or if it even matters at all. I do plan to copy A9LH to CTRNAND after I'm done with the guide.

Yes, it's safe.

I had a super smooth, everything-working-first-time experience installing A9LH using 2.6.2 (and copying the latest stable a9lh.bin over to CTRNAND at the end for SD-less booting) on a virgin 2DS the other day.

And I say that as one of the people who found using SafeA9LHinstaller 2.5 bricked his N3DS XL during the OTP-less installation.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be some compatibility issues with the new firmware once the Luma works better with A9lh installed it has full access to the 3DS.
After a few attempts and other problems not related to the updater, I figured out the problem. It was luma entirely. Running the installer directly, and not through luma's payload feature, enables a successful installation.

Closet Nerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to remove a9lh altogether so I installed safea9lh

I updated a9lh, probably not a good idea, now it only boots to safea9lh

It seems as if something was removed during install even though I have arm9 arm11 and a9lh bin files on the root.

Removing a9lh seems tougher than the installation itself. :wacko:

EDIT* - swapped the arm9bootloader.bin with AuReiNAND/luma3ds one.

How should I configure luma3ds so I can remove a9lh? Have mercy on a noob.

Last edited by Closet Nerd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: