ROM Hack [Save Hack] Style Savvy: Fashion Forward - All Style Savvy series characters

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE:
This save hack is outdated. Please use Savvy Manager to add those characters as extra contacts.
Some missing characters have been added, and some of the character's outfits (such as Eunice and Madeira) have been corrected.

Introducing a new savvy save hack for Style Savvy: Fashion Forward (aka New Style Boutique 2 (EUR), and Girls Mode 3 (JAP))!
This brings every character (excluding brand reps and shop customers) from Style Savvy (1st entry), Style Savvy: Trendsetters (2nd entry), and Style Savvy: Styling Star (4th entry), into Fashion Forward (3rd entry).
This save hack was made with the main reason of Styling Star sadly lacking the AR Photos feature that Trendsetters and Fashion Forward had. :(
With this, you can now take AR Photos with the Styling Star characters, alongside in-game photos! :)

Profile bottom screen.png
Grace profile.png Dominic profile.png Felicity profile.png Libby profile.png
Michaela profile.png Daphne profile.png Teagan profile.png Brienne profile.png
Sylvia profile.png Lorelei profile.png Madeira profile.png Alina profile.png
HNI_0055.JPG HNI_0011.JPG HNI_0014.JPG HNI_0019.JPG

Requirements
  • A USA/EUR save file of Style Savvy: Fashion Forward/New Style Boutique 2: Fashion Forward.
    If it's on an actual 3DS console, and not from Citra (3DS emulator), you can use Checkpoint to backup your save file.
  • A hex-editor to apply the patches to "savedata.dat". (HxD is recommended.)

NOTE: If you downloaded any Caprice Chalet room(s), be sure to make a copy your original save file backup, as this save hack will overwrite the character(s) that came with the room(s).

Download (v1.1)

How to apply patches
  1. Open your hex-editor.
  2. Open "savedata.dat".
  3. Open "characterpatch.bin" or "characterpatch (no bag).bin" (check FAQs for the differences).
  4. Open "profilepatch.bin".
  5. In the opened character patch file, click on the left side, press Ctrl+A, right-click, and click "Copy".
  6. In "savedata.dat", use "Goto", and type in the location/offset below for Characters (1st one) (don't type in "0x").
  7. Right-click, and click "Paste-write".
  8. In the opened profile patch file, click on the left side, press Ctrl+A, right-click, and click "Copy".
  9. In "savedata.dat", use "Goto", and type in the location/offset below for Profiles (2nd one) (don't type in "0x").
  10. Right-click, and click "Paste-write".
  11. Save the "savedata.dat" file.
  12. If you're using a 3DS, restore the save file using Checkpoint.

Patch locations/offsets in savedata.dat (USA/EUR):
0x846BC: Characters ("characterpatch.bin" or "characterpatch (no bag).bin")
0x8969C: Profiles ("profilepatch.bin")

You're done! Enjoy photo shoots with every character from the Style Savvy series!

FAQs

Q: What's the differences between "characterpatch.bin" or "characterpatch (no bag).bin"?
A: The only difference with "characterpatch (no bag).bin", is that Felicity and Brienne are not holding a bag, so their pose selections are not limited (both in-game? and AR Photos).

Q: Why is Eunice wearing a lively outfit?
A: At one point in the first Style Savvy, the player is able to give Eunice a new outfit that goes with her glasses (though she still wears the maid outfit in Dominic's Mansion).
That's why I decided to give Eunice a lively outfit, rather than a maid's outfit. :P

Q: Why is Dominic only in one pose while doing a photo shoot (in-game)?
A: The game thinks he is a female character, so some poses are probably not loaded.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.1 released!
  • Tweaked Angélique's eye shape.
  • Styling Star character list now complete!
    Added:
    • Jo
    • Kiki Summers
    • Gillian Grace
    • Tessa Lyle
    • Yvette Reginer
    • Yulia Mirova
  • Bug: Outside of the profile list/AR Photo Shoot, the last few letters of the last names of the above characters mentioned, will get cut off, due to how long the game can show the full name.

guminaglassred

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i tried searching for those hex values and they didnt come up until i used go to and removed the x. i replaced those lines with all the lines from the bin files but it just made my game run at 163% speed

What am I doing wrong?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i tried searching for those hex values and they didnt come up until i used go to and removed the x. i replaced those lines with all the lines from the bin files but it just made my game run at 163% speed

What am I doing wrong?
First time I've heard of that.

Can you try again? Hopefully I made the steps more elaborate.

guminaglassred

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my
First time I've heard of that.

Can you try again? Hopefully I made the steps more elaborate.
I think my issue was citra or the 3ds file i used being buggy. i've redownloaded both, and now the game won't open at all, and no other games will open either. its the only rom i could find too. oh well, guess i'll have to wait and use this when i get a legit copy lol. thanks for clarifying the steps though!

Reactions: RocketRobz

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:-? does this work with multi I have style savvy fashion forward multi :-/ at the moment. This looks quite like sold but to be honest, I just need money, :-....( like quite a epic flicking sh1t ton of it we never got ant codes for it in this game *cries*

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:-? does this work with multi I have style savvy fashion forward multi :-/ at the moment. This looks quite like sold but to be honest, I just need money, :-....( like quite a epic flicking sh1t ton of it we never got ant codes for it in this game *cries*
This works with any copy of the game. Just open Savvy Manager (a 3DS homebrew app which you can run on either console or Citra), and select Fashion Forward / NSB2 / GM3, then select "Characters", and press START to add in the characters.

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try again with my multi game but nothing happend :-( And my us game said noting here yet :-? Is that supposed to happen :-? I will try it on te pc :-? Not sure what I'm supposed to be doing editing the charater :-? (looka like I was looking for the wrong file on the pc )or maybe I do the wrong one idk
I was doing fashion forward but nothing happend in staying star @_@ I am probably doing this wrong

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try again with my multi game but nothing happend :-( And my us game said noting here yet :-? Is that supposed to happen :-? I will try it on te pc :-? Not sure what I'm supposed to be doing editing the charater :-? (looka like I was looking for the wrong file on the pc )or maybe I do the wrong one idk
I was doing fashion forward but nothing happend in staying star @_@ I am probably doing this wrong
  1. Did you do the same process for the US copy?
  2. If you cannot edit the save data in Styling Star, then you need to have the game create it first, in order for Savvy Manager to find it.
I suggest waiting for the next version of Savvy Manager to be out, so that you can modify the save data of the games from other regions, if you don't have the matching one for your console, as well as improved appearances of some of the characters.

FECanary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What about the first one? (For the 3DS). Been looking all over for a save editor for that and this doesn't provide that sadly..

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the first one? (For the 3DS). Been looking all over for a save editor for that and this doesn't provide that sadly..
There is unfortunately no save editor for the first one.
Savvy Manager is planned to support the first game, but progress has hit a roadblock.

Reactions: FECanary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT