Hardware :) saw 3d screen without glasses

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been hologram projectors in use for a little while now, which produce an even better 3d effect and can be seen on video (for example). It's not the same category as a display, but don't be certain you know what is technologically possible, because I didn't think it was possible for a projection to be that much larger than life and even cast shadows..

G

GentleFist

i didnt care to read every single post

but there are 3d tv's without glasses i saw them~
but it was a joke and nothing like the one 3ds will have it looked like layers and caused eye cancer

i dont know if its the same frog saw but it is a possibility

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you look at the 3DS screen when it's being tilted you can see a layer on the screen, it looks as though it is a polarised layer which is essentially the 3D glasses. It's very clever really.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
exangel said:
There have been hologram projectors in use for a little while now, which produce an even better 3d effect and can be seen on video (for example). It's not the same category as a display, but don't be certain you know what is technologically possible, because I didn't think it was possible for a projection to be that much larger than life and even cast shadows..
It's shown only from one direction so I doubt it works well in 3D at all. Same as with the loch ness monster presentation some time ago. It only works from a certain direction so it's more like a 2D screen in the air. Furthermore shadows is not a big deal. Ever played games? It's called Shadow-Mapping and produces self-shadows on 3D models in real-time. You can anyways not cast shadows with a hologram. Why? Because it's light and light does not cast shadows, only matter does this.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragonlord said:
exangel said:
It's shown only from one direction so I doubt it works well in 3D at all. Same as with the loch ness monster presentation some time ago. It only works from a certain direction so it's more like a 2D screen in the air. Furthermore shadows is not a big deal. Ever played games? It's called Shadow-Mapping and produces self-shadows on 3D models in real-time. You can anyways not cast shadows with a hologram. Why? Because it's light and light does not cast shadows, only matter does this.

I actually have a video of the entire concert, and it is shown from multiple angles.
In fact, they pan the camera view in many shots.

I imagine that the shadows can be an illusion created by the graphics designers of the program being projected. But I don't assume I understand the technology because for the most part Yamaha and Sega are extremely protective of the technology. So the information isn't really in public, much less in English.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
That can be. In the video parts I've seen it shows only a certain angle and doesn't deviate much from it. Full 3D holographics are physically feasible, light particles casting shadows though not. But in this static situation it is not a problem since the position of the spot lights are well known and static so you can calculate the shadows in the program before projecting them.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Coreyfrog7 said:
so that was my exact reaction XP because my mum pulled me away and wasn’t really interested (which angered me) I

Does your mom do wrestling or something? What kind of guy let's his mom pull him away??? I would slap her first thing and walk back and look again....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz