Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Antoligy said:
raing3 said:
LOL. This game reminds me of drawn to life which I haven't actually played yet... hmm I hope this game lives up to all our expectations.
Except Drawn to life was crap. Nice idea and they ruined it like hell.

This game can't go wrong though! All they need now is to make it updateable, but we all know thats impossible
frown.gif
Drawn to Life wasn't really bad, IMO its the spongebob version that was bad. I'm sure that Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter would be good.

Back to topic:
I wonder how really vague terms will turn out.
Like if you write Metal, will it be the steel,iron,copper kind? Or the Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax kind?
Or Rock, will it be granite kind? Or Elvis Presley, Beatles, U2 kind?

I'm curious.

Edit:http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/05/scribble...-flying-colors/

Plumbob -- No dice! The game's lead designer was hanging over our shoulder as we entered in this unrecognized word. He quickly asked what it was, pulled out his phone and feverishly sent some unknown party a text message. "Okay," he said. "It'll be in the final product."

Wow.... People, we should have gone to E3 with our repertoire of words and made this game better!
frown.gif

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ideas for update process:
Check for DS firmware vs DSi firmware.
If DS detected, load from GBA slot.
If DSi detected, load from SD slot.
Word bank updated.

If only..
Although, with the attention the designer paid to the Joystiq contributor, I think we can rest assured the development team is making all the internet sweeps it can to satisfy our craziest dreams sans updates.

SugaFree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you guys seen this already, but check this out.

EDIT: Well, I just saw this exact same video posted on this thread already. Still cool enough to watch a second time though.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
honestly. Unbelievable. The major disappoinment probably will come from the lack of choosing what to do with the object.

YellowJester

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think this video has been posted yet- a short developer walkthrough at the e3 booth.

http://www.spike.com/video/scribblenauts-e3-09/3182769

Most of what's shown isn't anything new, but certain things really stood out to me.

-Physics engine recognized that the whale became 'lighter' by having the balloons attatched.

-The fighter jet sustained damage and lost it's wheel when it crashed into the 'enemy;' how many animations should we expect per item considering theres over 10 THOUSAND items.

-The game will be infinitely replayable with difficulty increasing after every playthrough; the decision to not allow puzzles to be solved the same way twice was spot on.

-The homonym concern voiced by some people can now be put to rest.

The promise of a MASSIVE dictionary is becoming more and more believable. I'm just curious how in depth the interaction between the items goes. Think of the possibilities with even just accurate -basic- chemical reactions alone....

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
He could have just wrote God. God > Death

Actually one thing about this game is that there will possibly be one unbeatable word, or "omnipotent" word where you can kill all other enemies or do alot of actions. Then people spam it each level and breeze through.

Impressive game really, with the physics engine to complement the game and all. Can't wait for it
biggrin.gif

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i.Domination said:
He could have just wrote God. God > Death

Actually one thing about this game is that there will possibly be one unbeatable word, or "omnipotent" word where you can kill all other enemies or do alot of actions. Then people spam it each level and breeze through.

Impressive game really, with the physics engine to complement the game and all. Can't wait for it
biggrin.gif

Science > God. Whoops
smileipb2.png

This game will probably be good, the gametrailers E3 developer walkthrough looked awesome, so I'm confident it won't be a piece of garbage like Drawn to Life.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
JDandy said:
Science > God. Whoops
smileipb2.png

This game will probably be good, the gametrailers E3 developer walkthrough looked awesome, so I'm confident it won't be a piece of garbage like Drawn to Life.

Me > Science
smileipb2.png
Whoopsy x 2

Oh that reminds me.... how does "me" turn out? I really wonder how the vague terms are represented in the game.....

And I thought Drawn to Life's concept was good, only thing I didn't like the gameplay. Still waiting for Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter
biggrin.gif

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Senbonzaku101 said:
I haven't seen this posted anywhere in the thread yet, but I've seen circulating elsewhere.
9 minutes with Scribblenauts (Interview/Gameplay)

Courtesy 1UP
Damn you!
My hype for this game is growing too fast ;-;
This is really bad since the game won't be out until stupid Fall. WHY couldn't they have released it before summer so I could waste my summer on it instead of having to waste school nights ;-;

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The art design for the main character reminds me of Ben from Adventure Time:

MY. HAT. IS. AWESOME!

Bleedingelite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like this is the final boss of video games. I mean, once there's scribblenauts, how can you possibly top it? I mean, tens of thousands of words to play with. I think after I play it, my expectations for videogames are going to be broken. Haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1