Searching for old rpg maker icon

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey guys does anybody still have the "Rpg Maker 2000" .icon file i would like to use it as icon for one of my gamedrives
and i cant find it anywhere used google,ddg and even yandex

tumblr_4d8e1cc2919295c2ba946f22435451e4_a9c28dd1_540.png

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
hey guys does anybody still have the "Rpg Maker 2000" .icon file i would like to use it as icon for one of my gamedrives
and i cant find it anywhere used google,ddg and even yandex

View attachment 317652
It shouldn't be difficult to make that PNG into an icon file, but i think ".icon" is only used by Macs (Yuck!), so good luck with that.

Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It shouldn't be difficult to make that PNG into an icon file, but i think ".icon" is only used by Macs (Yuck!), so good luck with that.
i tried that but it looks somehow off and that .ico/.icon file extension was used by old windows versions like 95/98

i even tried a rpg maker 2k demo from a german videogame magazine but win 11 wont accept the .icon file since its 8 bit

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use LiquidIcon to accomplish this task, a tool I used to use a loooong time ago to make my own custom mouse cursors (it does both .ico and .cur files): https://www.x2studios.com/desktop.html

As a quick example, here's a *.ico file I just made using your PNG file. I first copied and pasted it into Paint, cropped the excess border leaving it at a nice round 256x256, then copied and pasted that into a new 48x48 LiquidIcon file and let it scale it down. I didn't bother messing around with the transparency since that would take a lot of manual clicking and this was purely as an example for you. To test, I set the image for of my desktop folders to the newly-created castle icon file, and it worked just fine here on Windows 11.

If you happen to have the *.exe executable file for the RPG Maker Program handy, you can also just import the icon directly and save it as your own icon file, using the Extract option. That would be easier than what I just did.

Attachments

• castle icon.zip
    720 bytes · Views: 29
  • Love
Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You could use LiquidIcon to accomplish this task, a tool I used to use a loooong time ago to make my own custom mouse cursors (it does both .ico and .cur files): https://www.x2studios.com/desktop.html

As a quick example, here's a *.ico file I just made using your PNG file. I first copied and pasted it into Paint, cropped the excess border leaving it at a nice round 256x256, then copied and pasted that into a new 48x48 LiquidIcon file and let it scale it down. I didn't bother messing around with the transparency since that would take a lot of manual clicking and this was purely as an example for you. To test, I set the image for of my desktop folders to the newly-created castle icon file, and it worked just fine here on Windows 11.

If you happen to have the *.exe executable file for the RPG Maker Program handy, you can also just import the icon directly and save it as your own icon file, using the Extract option. That would be easier than what I just did.
thank you kind sir

Reactions: DanTheManMS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong