aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i need some help regarding video output

i have two 2017 switch models. (no cfw of any sort)

One comes with all its accessories including the dock and is on 3.0.1. It works and output video through dock fine

The other switch is on 3.0.0 and consists of the tablet and joycon only. But the issue is that it does not output video through the same dock.
I have tried to reintialize it but it still does not output video.

Any solutions. Does 3.0.0 have got something to do with it

any help will be appreciated

thanks in advance

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
turn the switch off. unplug power and HDMI .... put in the power cable then the HDMI then the switch turn on the switch

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

turn the switch off. unplug power and HDMI .... put in the power cable then the HDMI then the switch turn on the switch

wait about a min before you plug the power back in

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i know about that method.

the thing is that my first original switch is working fine on the dock. (its own dock)

as soon as i remove the first switch from the dock and replace it with the second switch the display doesn't appear even though the second switch screen goes black in the dock.

as soon as i remove the second switch the screen turns back on and the charging icon is visible for a moment.

after that when i insert the first original switch back the display turns on again.

doesn't this mean that the issue is not with the dock

bootaholic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a switch with this issue. From the reading I've done so far it seems the M92T36 controls the voltage switch necessary to output to the TV. My switch will illuminate the green light on the dock but will not output to the TV. I'm waiting on a replacement chip to test this theory. I will post back with my results.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright

i did a quick check on google and M92T36 chip handles video out AND charging. it malfunctions in case of third party docks

That chip could be causing issue with the video out but here is the thing: charging is working fine through dock. its just not video outputting.if M92T36 chip shouldnt both not work?

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i think i see the what the problem might. upon further inspection using magnifying glass one side of the tablet pins seems to be bent (probably due to removal of usb c charger or dock in not a straight way). i tried straightnening them and the blinking light on dock is now gone but still the display is out

also another thing i noticed is the parallel walls inside the usb c connector have built in holes in them (the original switch does not have any built in holes inside the usb c connector

also usb c is reversible in case of power. is it the same for video out through dock as well (because one side has undamaged correct pins)?

Last edited by aak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You hater.