Hardware See the 3D-ness of the 3DS!

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
it's a bit easier to see the 3d with thinner images...
3ds-thinner.png

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that works well!
ohmy.gif

I realize i'm not one to ask since i don't know how to make these, but do you think it would be possible to see a 3D screen of one of the new 3DS games? Like one of the MGS screens or Zelda OOT? That Metroid one isn't very easy to see the 3D effect with. Like this-

2rnto4n.jpg

Or this-

6z97is.jpg

And if that's a stupid question, feel free to ignore it, just asking. Sorry in advance if it bugs you, i didn't mean to be an ass, just wondering.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
granville said:
Wow, that works well!
ohmy.gif

I realize i'm not one to ask since i don't know how to make these, but do you think it would be possible to see a 3D screen of one of the new 3DS games? Like one of the MGS screens or Zelda OOT? That Metroid one isn't very easy to see the 3D effect with. Like this-

And if that's a stupid question, feel free to ignore it, just asking. Sorry in advance if it bugs you, i didn't mean to be an ass, just wondering.
It can be done
wink.gif

I'm pretty sure spinal_cord is at it already
tongue.gif

Awesome job on that by the way spinal_cord
wink.gif
Thanks for taking time to explain some stuff to other members
wink.gif

I never had any problem seeing these 3D pictures.

And just a TIP for those who see 2x2 pictures, you're crossing your eyes too much, you should be seeing only three images, but concentrate on the middle one!
You see two pictures on the screen, you should cross your eyes a little, so they overlap, and then concentrate on that middle picture.....or as Veho suggested, just keep it crossed and concentrated on the middle picture )overlapped) and your eyes will focus with a bit of time.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
It can be done
wink.gif

I'm pretty sure spinal_cord is at it already
tongue.gif

Bah, why did you have to say that!
tongue.gif

The reason I chose the videos to make the 3D images from, was that every now and then the angle of the 3D image changes, so if your lucky, there will be a couple of frames from different angles. Because the eyes need to see the same thing from two angles for it to appear 3D it is difficult to create a 3D image from a single picture. I did try however and here is the result.
this is the first time I have tried to create a 3D image from a single 2D one, the effect isn't as great (in my opinion) as the one taken from the video, but here it is anyway...

Image1.jpg

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i figured that there was something about the 3D being more easily produced from the video, but i really have to say that looks surprisingly good to be honest. It doesn't have very much pop, but you can tell it has a bit of 3D to it. Thanks so much man! I just wanted to see what one of the screens would be like and you provided, many thanks!
biggrin.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Yeah i figured that there was something about the 3D being more easily produced from the video, but i really have to say that looks surprisingly good to be honest. It doesn't have very much pop, but you can tell it has a bit of 3D to it. Thanks so much man! I just wanted to see what one of the screens would be like and you provided, many thanks!
biggrin.gif
Yea I got to agree , that awesome
biggrin.gif
!!!!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
A few more 3D pics for your crosseyed viewing pleasure. Some are quite big, I suggest you open them in fullscreen to see the details. Let the headache begin!

1A0F0.jpg

9a5W9.jpg

LlHkJ.jpg

dou9c.jpg

5X7P3.jpg

I'm imagining all the Tempers right now, staring crosseyed at their monitors, looking very silly
laugh.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Osaka said:
I can do the 3D thing really well
biggrin.gif
I can even scroll down those images and look at all of them without refocusing :0
Same here.

QUOTE(Osaka @ Jun 18 2010, 07:45 PM) wait... if 3D glasses work on anyones screen... whats the point of a 3D TV/monitor? ;o
Different 3D. More advanced than the red/cyan technique.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: No make a patty cake :blink: