SEGA Fes 2018 roundup thread: Genesis Mini, SEGA Ages annnounced

Sega-Fes-2018-Tease_04-13-18.jpg

Sega is ramping up the hype for its "Sega Fes" event, which will be happening tomorrow, on April 14, and lasting until the 15th. Though Sega Fes is a Japan-only event, things got interesting when Sega of Europe's Twitter account began telling fans worldwide that they should be sure to catch the broadcast tomorrow, as it'll have something hugely important. Sega of America also said that fans will not want to miss what's going to be revealed. If Sega is telling those outside of Japan to stay tuned, then it likely means that we'll be seeing something that'll have a worldwide announcement. The full reveal will be sometime tomorrow for Japan, while the start of the event will be at 6:00 pm PT today for those in North America, or alternatively, 1 am GMT.

The last Sega Fes event was in 2016, where a live-action drama series was announced for the Yakuza franchise, and some gameplay was shown for Yakuza 6 and Puyo Puyo Chronicle.

:arrow: Source

announcements

• The event kicked off with the annonuncement of the SEGA Genesis Mini, as well as Sega AGES for the Nintendo Switch.
  • Sega AGES will include the M2 Sega games that we've seen on the 3DS eShop: Thunder Force, Sonic 1, Phantasy Star, Alex Kidd, and more. It'll launch this summer. Switch only. There will be 15 games in the collection.
  • Shenmue 1 & 2 comes to PC, PS4, and Xbox One this year
  • Japan is getting a new Sakura Wars game
mega-drive-04-13-18-1-1200x670.jpg

Last edited by Chary,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correction.
"Shenmue I & II" is scheduled to be released in 2018, will only be PS 4 (package version, digital version) in Japan, PC version and Xbox One version will be released in North America Europe. Domestic PS 4 version sound is only Japanese, but overseas version can be selected from both Japanese and English voice."
Ah, there we go. That sounds better.

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... If Sega Ages coming to Switch means the potential of Panzer Dragoon on Switch then I'm happy, haha. Heard they've had trouble getting the Saturn/Dreamcast games to work though since it's been out.

D

Deleted User

Well... If Sega Ages coming to Switch means the potential of Panzer Dragoon on Switch then I'm happy, haha. Heard they've had trouble getting the Saturn/Dreamcast games to work though since it's been out.
I know the difficulty in porting a Saturn game to mobile, but damn, SEGA could at least release one Saturn port soon.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sega pride... Like having a VP dress as Shenmue, the translator as the girl, and all this talk of being happy about getting a modern port. Woohoo. /s

And as stated, plenty of Sega Megadrive Minis released in the past of varying quality. 60+ Mega Drive games available on PC; I've got like 50+ from relatively cheap bundles and free giveaways. So, uh, yea.. Seemed like most of it was about skipping over all the requests rather than filling them out. But short of a Sega Saturn mini, *shrug*.

I guess I should be happy. No announcement of a new Sonic game.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 15 Sega games, and eshop only? Not to mention if the multiplayer games like sonic 2 don't even have online mode.... :blink:

Isn't the sega collection for ps4 and xbox one gonna have all the games that is currently on steam in that collection? That isn't fair! :nayps3:

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 15 Sega games, and eshop only? Not to mention if the multiplayer games like sonic 2 don't even have online mode.... :blink:
They wouldn't fuck that up that badly. This is M2 we're talking about, they put multiplayer in the 3DS Sonic 2 port. It'll be fine.

Reactions: Chary

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOCAL Multiplayer, yes, online Multiplayer, no. The Android/ios sonic 2 has online multiplayer and wide screen. :ninja:
Oh, good point. I misread. I don't think online is necessary, but chances are this'll be the Genesis version and not the Whitehead remaster, so probably local only.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Whitehead version is </3

M2 is the next best thing, though. So long as Backbone Entertainment stays far, far awaaaaay.
But wide screen sonic games and 60FPS special stages. :(

And still only 15 games? They could least put in monster world 4 which was on last gen consoles and STILL not on pc. Or do the PS2 Enhanced phantasy star games. :wtf:

Sega-Ages-2500-Series-Vol.-17-Phantasy-Star-Generation-2-cover.jpg

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Sega Saturn mini
-HD collection of Sonic Genesis games
-A new Sonic racing game

Any of the above would be fine with me.

Edit: Genesis mini??!!! That's no massive announcement. We can already emulate Genesis perfectly. Since Sega loves to whore out Sonic I'm surprised they've never given HD releases of the Genesis Sonic games. I would think there would be significant interest.

Last edited by Prior22,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...