Hacking Self bricked WII after update ...

otik00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello,
I have some big problems with my WII. So on start, my WII is first from I think 2005-2006 production, I soft modded it and do nothing to now (when my guitar hero not work). So I decide to make update with Pimp my Wii.

Of course I don't make any backup, before started all process....

After Pimp my Wii finish all updates, console restart, and started with my preloader v0.30.

But when I want to start "system menu" says me : es_diverify failed
When I try to start Homebrew Channel also put me error : Error autobooting HBC. maybe title not installed?

So I can't start anything, on other forum I found short guide, with these steps:
Download system menu 4.1u wad
Download ios60patched.wad
Place both wads in sd:\wads
Place wadmanager's boot.dol in the root of your sd-card
load preloader
click load/install
load wadmanager
use ios249
1st- install patched ios60
2nd- install system menu v449
then reinstall preloader

I have 4.2u system manu, but I want try with 4.1u and ios60...

When I finally start Wad Manager 1.7, when open program welcome screen, my WII mote switch off, and it wont start... (I don't know, freezing?).
When I want sync with WII nothing happen.

I don't know what I should do now.

Thanks for help.
Regards

otik00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But my WII is not "virgin", I have made soft mod long time ago...

Can you write me what should I do next when I download these ModMII ?

Thanks

Hunter X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tell ModMii it is, stop making this harder than it's supposed to be. You got yourself a nice brick by using Pimp My Wii, now just follow the PROPER instructions for trying to unbrick it.

otik00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes I know, but I must choose first option and make all from beginning? (so ModMII wizard + guide) or other option. Only this I want to know :)

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
Download and install modmii on your computer. Tell it you've never done a mod before, and follow it's step by step process it gives you. Don't skip a thing!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii is the way to go, eventually, but unfortunately your modmii guide will start off assuming you have access to the system menu (or the homebrew channel). So before you're able to follow your modmii guide, u need to fix the problem enough to access the system menu (or homebrew channel).

So do this... download the HBC forwarder dol from here:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/275079-request-hbc-forwarder-dol/page__view__findpost__p__3399965

Save the dol to your SD card (on the root), then start priiloader and install that dol, then load the installed file. You should now be inside the homebrew channel. From here just follow your modmii guide, but for the first step just launch the hackmii installer from the homebrew channel instead of via an exploit.

Your modmii guide will get you to install bootmii, make a nand backup, update priiloader and other mods.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just to let you know this issue is not caused by pimp my wii per say, it is caused by the lack of the ES_DIVerfiy patch on the system ios provided by pimp my wii. No apps patch ios with ES_DIVerfiy other than the preloader installers, so reinstalling ios60, 70, or lord forbid 80 would not include the ES_DIVerfiy in the system ios. This is in no way a fault of pimp my wii (which I do not like), but simple a fault of runing an outdated system loader which requires an outdated patch which is no longer required. A very simple fix to the issue would be to install the ios70patched.wad file found in many older 4.2 system hack guides, which has the ES_DIVerfiy patch for preloader support. Removing ES_DIVerfiy patch from the system ios via ios install will always break preloader on and system ios 50 or greater. ES_DIVerfiy is not needed with priiloader, so you should not use preloader, but priiloader instead, since it runs on a clean system ios.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3