• Start date
  • Views 3,330
  • Replies 45
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi,

I was wondering if an subforum could be made for more 'serious' subjects like personal issues (although these kinda belong in blogs), politics, religion, world news, etc.

Though it's not entirely necessary, it would be a more heavily moderated forum specifically for those topics, and as a way for users to get help and discuss with pretty much no shitposting. ^^

What do the community think?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember when gaming forums were simple...

A forum for games talk-per-console and an off topic section for anything else.

Do we need religious or political sub forums?

I bet any religious website doesn't have a [Serious] game hacking sub forum.

But what do I know...

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands

But what do I know...

Nah just general serious talk which can include religion, but isn't limited to it.

D

Deleted User

OP
That reminds me of how different I did my old board in that I categorised by discussion type rather than by console. :P @KiiWii

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

But what do I know...
You could always ignore topics tagged with [Serious] and just look at console and off-topic topics instead

Reactions: The Catboy

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I understand, it's indeed a pity, but can't we restrict access (temporary) for the flamers, like suspending them from serious talk?
The problem is that the damage is usually already done by that point. We'd probably have to remove both parties (the flamer and those who flame back) and we'd very likely end up with only 3 members who can access that subforum DX Plus I think it is a little more difficult in the sense that some people may feel very strongly about a specific topic and go crazy toxic while being perfectly level headed in another. It's gonna be a tough balancing act. I'd also rather not have this super duper exclusive club of sorts. Elitism was already on the list of problems :tpi:

@KiiWii I do know quite a few other forums which have subforums to cater to things outside their main focus. I'd say it's a nice place to discuss about things with people whom you are more likely to have common grounds with on certain topics. Using GBATemp as an example, you're more likely to find POVs of the gamer community here as opposed to that of every one else in a politics forum.

But on the other hand.. why not give it a try? What could possibly go wrong? :-)
Ohohoho how innocent you are, my friend. You'd be surprised.

Reactions: Xen0 and KiiWii

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
anyway @mods or @staff when the serious tag is released, please tell us, i already have 2 "serious" threads to create and talk about

Last edited by migles,

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
The problem is that the damage is usually already done by that point. We'd probably have to remove both parties (the flamer and those who flame back) and we'd very likely end up with only 3 members who can access that subforum DX Plus I think it is a little more difficult in the sense that some people may feel very strongly about a specific topic and go crazy toxic while being perfectly level headed in another. It's gonna be a tough balancing act. I'd also rather not have this super duper exclusive club of sorts. Elitism was already on the list of problems :tpi:

@KiiWii I do know quite a few other forums which have subforums to cater to things outside their main focus. I'd say it's a nice place to discuss about things with people whom you are more likely to have common grounds with on certain topics. Using GBATemp as an example, you're more likely to find POVs of the gamer community here as opposed to that of every one else in a politics forum.

Ohohoho how innocent you are, my friend. You'd be surprised.

I know it can go wrong, and it would be sad to have flamers. But we kinda need it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist