[Serious Thread] What should I do with my beard?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, as I said in the title, I'd really appreciate serious replies only.

Anyway, I've let my beard grow out quite a bit (compared to how I usually keep it). I don't want to keep it like this anymore, but I don't know what I should really do with it. I used to have it kinda like a thick chin strap, till at one point after letting it grow out a bit, I trimmed down the chops a lot and left the chin long, so it was kind of a goatee. I've tried just a goatee by itself, which I do not like at all on me.

The mustache goes because, as seen in the pic, it grows in like shit. I've just been too lazy to do fuck-all to it lately, and it also happens to be getting pretty neckbeard-y, which is not cool. Also, there's a spot on the left side of my jaw (follow the corner of my lip down to my jaw line) that doesn't grow in super well, though it's become less pronounced.

My reason for asking is because after hearing for the hundredth time "Hah, you look like you're trying to be Amish!", the joke kinda gets old. (Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the Amish, I'm just not about that style)

Ideas? If you've got a picture to link to so I can see what you're talking about that would be cool too.

Pic below:

uMlzbod.jpg

Edit - before it's suggested, the beard stays to some degree. I look like I'm fucking sixteen without it (I'm nearly 22)

Edit 2 - That reminds me, I need to renew my driver's license by the end of the month...

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not working. Face it, man, you just have to let your beard go. You're only kidding yourself if you think you can keep it going; trust me, nobody's fooled. I know, I know, you think having a beard makes you presentable, acceptable, normal even, but in this day and age, you don't need it anymore. It's wrong for you, and it's wrong for your beard, too. Moving on is tough, but it's the best choice you can make.

Also, you might want to trim that facial hair a bit.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks cool to me, but all I can think of is shaving it if you don't like people saying it looks Amish. I have a pedophile mustache and I am still sporting it. XD Up to you.

Reactions: calmwaters

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well seeing as how your moustache is complete shit, the best thing you can do is just take clippers to it, and go all over. That way you don't shave all of it, but you just have the short short stuff. Kinda like how Aaron Paul had his in most of Breaking Bad.

http://www.theplace2.ru/archive/aaron_paul/img/breaking_bad_aaron_p.jpg

Like that. Otherwise, get rid of the hair and cut your hair short.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As moerik said winter approaches for you and going by comments in the shoutbox yesterday it is already pretty brisk in your part of the world. If you want to avoid Amish comments then perhaps some dye is in order.

Anyway I am presently opting for Cousin It stunt double and as mentioned elsewhere we do not consult me to make things look pretty.

Also a nod to Gahars for some fine non pun related wordplay.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
No offense meant either, but rather than a full shave, go for a short trim (a five o'clock shadow), but try pulling off some mad sideburns. You definitely have almost the right hair length for some mad sideburns like the lead singer of Mars Volta.

If you cannot pull off some mad sideburns, go trim. Enjoy trim!

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cleaned it up a good bit today. Big pic below.

wKqDBDe.jpg

Here I am not looking from an angle like a tard.

nZNYXds.jpg

That's usually how I keep it when I'm not too lazy to maintain it. I may end up taking the goatee even shorter though.

I definitely do need a haircut though.

Thoughts?

Though it's two years old, if I get rid of my beard, I look like this.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cleaned it up a good bit today. Big pic below.

wKqDBDe.jpg

Here I am not looking from an angle like a tard.

nZNYXds.jpg

That's usually how I keep it when I'm not too lazy to maintain it. I may end up taking the goatee even shorter though.

I definitely do need a haircut though.

Thoughts?

Though it's two years old, if I get rid of my beard, I look like this.

Get rid of the goatee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up