Hardware Seriously considering selling 3DS XL

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I love 3DS XL I spend more time on PSP and Vita than 3DS XL.

You can always get 3DS XL back a year or two later.

Exactly, sometime down the line, I always can get it again, and who knows, maybe the 3DS hacking scene will flourish by then :P Already advertised my XL in the right forums, just hope I didn't ask for too much ROFL :rofl2: That's to say it's not a bad system at all, no siree, just doesn't tickle my fancy at the moment, whereas the Wii U/vWii does :D

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
Given my own foolishness, I updated to 6.2 firmware...

From what I've gathered all current exploits are for the 4.5 firmware, there's a good chance homebrew may never work on later versions.

Sell it and get a Dingoo (under $100), GCW Zero ($150), or Android based system: JXD S7300 ($150) or JXD S7800B ($200).

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't take this too harshly, but

I personally think you were foolish to put so much stock in the hacking scene anyway given how much it was undeveloped and how difficult it can be TO develop. Especially if that's all you really care about. Selling it is probably right for you since I'm honestly not really sure why you got the system in the first place given what you've said; that being said, good luck getting a decent amount for your sale.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't take this too harshly, but

I personally think you were foolish to put so much stock in the hacking scene anyway given how much it was undeveloped and how difficult it can be TO develop. Especially if that's all you really care about. Selling it is probably right for you since I'm honestly not really sure why you got the system in the first place given what you've said; that being said, good luck getting a decent amount for your sale.

Not at all, you actually worded it perfectly as it was something that I unfortunately focused way too much on :D So no worries, and I'm glad you told me. Actually looking at some games and digital cameras right now :P Originally for a few games, then I heard about Gateway, and well, the rest is history, but now, I hope to get a decent amount on it.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you took that really well. +1 points for maturity. And like other people said, if it ever does get the value you want it to have, pick it up again. Just think twice about it if you don't have money to kill, haha. =)

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you took that really well. +1 points for maturity. And like other people said, if it ever does get the value you want it to have, pick it up again. Just think twice about it if you don't have money to kill, haha. =)

Well, I'm trying to have a better attitude about the things I can and can't control, it ain't easy though :P But yeah, made an ad on Amazon as well as here on the Trading Post, so hopefully one of them will go through, but would it hurt to make an ad on Craigslist as well? I know it's my fault for having the wrong reasons and expectations, thus are the consequences ;)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I say dont sell it. There is nothing worse than selling something then a few weeks or months down the line thinking you wish you hadnt because you fancied a go on it, or a game comes out that you want to play. My view is, unless there is a dire financial need to sell something like that, then even if it gathers dust for certain periods, there is nothing to gain from selling it, theres only something to lose.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say dont sell it. There is nothing worse than selling something then a few weeks or months down the line thinking you wish you hadnt because you fancied a go on it, or a game comes out that you want to play. My view is, unless there is a dire financial need to sell something like that, then even if it gathers dust for certain periods, there is nothing to gain from selling it, theres only something to lose.

I dunno, I mean, I haven't used it for a while, and the future games I really don't focus on waiting for, hell, I don't even know what games I want. I mean, why keep something you don't use it at all? as I haven't used it in a month; the only thing I've done was change the WiFi settings to off, that's it. I'm still thinking about the pros and cons, and like I said before, I use the Wii U/Wii far more
than I do the 3DS (everyday in fact). That, and I got it for the wrong reasons. :unsure:

I appreciate the suggestions and feedback, top it off with not being able to see 3D due to a visual defect I have, so I can't even enjoy the main selling point, but that's neither here nor there. I already have an ad on Amazon and on here I made last night. I'm pretty sure I won't regret it should I end up selling it. The games I look forward too aren't on the 3DS to be honest, but the Wii U, especially Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., Project X, Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario 3D World, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl