Emulation GBA Emulator SGB Borders cut at the top and bottom

pedrocaseiro95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys. I'm having a problem with the SGB borders on my GBA SP. They're cut at the top and bottom and I have no idea how to fix this. I've already fiddled with the settings but nothing seems to help.
My hardware: A GBA SP 001 with an IPS LCD screen by hispeedido bought on Aliexpress. For the games I'm using an EZFlash Omega with the latest Simple by Sterophonick. I've tried other games such as Pokémon Red and Pokémon Yellow and the borders are cut too.

Settings:
- Game Boy: Prefer GBC over SGB
- Auto SGB Border: ON
- Identify as GBA: OFF

Thanks for your help

1643056549692.jpg

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys. I'm having a problem with the SGB borders on my GBA SP. They're cut at the top and bottom and I have no idea how to fix this. I've already fiddled with the settings but nothing seems to help.
My hardware: A GBA SP 001 with an IPS LCD screen by hispeedido bought on Aliexpress. For the games I'm using an EZFlash Omega with the latest Simple by Sterophonick. I've tried other games such as Pokémon Red and Pokémon Yellow and the borders are cut too.

Settings:
- Game Boy: Prefer GBC over SGB
- Auto SGB Border: ON
- Identify as GBA: OFF

Thanks for your help

View attachment 295058
It's a feature, not a bug. The GBA's 3:2 aspect ratio is much wider than that of the Super Game Boy or SNES and the borders were designed to display full screen on a 4:3 TV. There is no way to show the entire border without scaling the image (including the Game Boy game itself) down and stretching it horizontally and that would look bad. The only good way to display a Game Boy game on a GBA is at 1:1 resolution with no scaling and that leaves some empty space, the SGB border fills up the empty space but not perfectly.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

pedrocaseiro95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's a feature, not a bug. The GBA's 3:2 aspect ratio is much wider than that of the Super Game Boy or SNES and the borders were designed to display full screen on a 4:3 TV. There is no way to show the entire border without scaling the image (including the Game Boy game itself) down and stretching it horizontally and that would look bad. The only good way to display a Game Boy game on a GBA is at 1:1 resolution with no scaling and that leaves some empty space, the SGB border fills up the empty space but not perfectly.

Oh, I get it now. I had no idea, thanks for it. I'd rather not have borders then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1