Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Kickstarter by Wayforward

CyborGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Over the last 23 years WayForward has developed more than 200 licensed titles, our most recent being Ducktales: Remastered. When circumstances permit, we also make weird and wonderful original games like Shantae and the Mighty Series.

In all that time, fan letters, support emails and interviewers have made our most frequently asked question, “Why don't you guys make more original games?”
Kickstarter allows us to do just that! With your help we can create a large-scale multi-console game that's well beyond our usual self-publishing budgets.

Best of all, we have our ducks in a row. Half-Genie Hero is already confirmed for Wii U, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Steam (Windows PC). All we need now is...your support!

Quite a lot of platforms (haha get it? .... no?) they are planning to put this game on, I sure hope they make their way forward with this project.

Source

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of backing this as my first Kickstarter project. Shantae is always that character who easily could've been forgotten but the developer just kept going on with licensed projects so that they can keep making more Shantae games which is something I admire.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nice, in HD too. I don't quite see why they need a kickstarter to fund this, but I hope it gets funded nonetheless. Looks good.
Don't know if I'll back it though. Seems like a good deal for $15, but I'd really want the beta which is a bit overpriced.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She’s a human/genie hybrid (a Half-Genie) who hair-whips monsters with her ponytail

So she quite literally "whips her hair back and forth." Huh.

It looks interesting, definitely, but until we see more gameplay footage, I shan't(ae) be backing it.

Reactions: Rydian

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll wait to see if it ends up near the goal to back it, if it's near $400,000 I'm giving it a go. I like the game so far.

That's kind of self-defeating. Besides, unless the Kickstarter reaches its goal, you don't pay a cent, so sitting it out is kind of pointless (unless you're waiting for something specific, like more information, previews, endorsements, etc.).

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just decided to back this. Could only really afford $15 for the game.

Sad that it probably wont reach the stretch goals. They all seem awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk