Shin Megami Tensei V 60 FPS & Graphics Mods

sena_16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you want 1422x800?
i modified the 30fps mod to locked 1422x800 in dock/hh so nothing was disabled.
dont forget to use dynamic resolution exefs patch too

locked 1080p gets 15-20 fps so not possible even at max oc

Need maximum OC on docked to 800p as well?

Loodanon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the curious I've done a comparison of the various different mods @ different clocks. Forgive the big text captions, it helped me organise all my screenshots while switching between all these mods. All screenshots are from handheld All overclocks are done with a switch at max clocks charging, so essentially docked mode with handheld graphics settings.

http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/WDD6LNNX

My personal takeaway:
-For Max FPS users, 60 mod is close the official graphics settings res-wise, so not much is lost
-Locked 720p uncapped is closer to 30-40 than 60 even at max clocks
-Overclock without mods is quite close to 720p no mods, but input lag seems greater without the FPS uncap
-540 mod doesn't seem much sharper than the OG 60 mod?
-Game clearly looks even more beautiful at true 720p.

Last edited by Loodanon,
Reactions: sorabora

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Overclock without mods is quite close to 720p no mods, but input lag seems greater without the FPS uncap
Funny stuff: they added 20ms Frame slack to compensate hitches. Which adds additional lag. And they throw this to garbage can by setting DR to 40 ms. :rofl2:
My 60 FPS removes frameslack completely. So you're reducing lag by up to ~43ms.

Reactions: sorabora

enzonahuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm new to OC. is there a general rule for this stuff? e.g how long you should play with max oc turned on, cooling time etc.

mc711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to OC. is there a general rule for this stuff? e.g how long you should play with max oc turned on, cooling time etc.
OC is terms for clocking the switch to its hardware limit. not past it like general OC meaning. sys-clk already has gpu safe limits for handheld. dock can be used in max without problems. in other words, you can use max everything if you don't care about battery life and dont experience overheating shutdown.

only way OC will damage the switch is if you use modded sys-clk/hekate/atmoshere which allows you to go past limits (true overclock). it is highly discouraged to distribute these compiled, so only way is if you know how to compile it yourself and risk breaking your switch.

if you do have modded, then in handheld, max cpu OR gpu is recommended, not both. in dock, whatever your switch can handle without crashing.

Reactions: enzonahuy

mc711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the curious I've done a comparison of the various different mods @ different clocks. Forgive the big text captions, it helped me organise all my screenshots while switching between all these mods. All screenshots are from handheld All overclocks are done with a switch at max clocks charging, so essentially docked mode with handheld graphics settings.

http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/WDD6LNNX

My personal takeaway:
-For Max FPS users, 60 mod is close the official graphics settings res-wise, so not much is lost
-Overclock without mods is quite close to 720p no mods, but input lag seems greater without the FPS uncap
-540 mod doesn't seem much sharper than the OG 60 mod?
-Game clearly looks even more beautiful at true 720p.
-60 mod does not change stock dynamic resolution so you won't notice any resolution difference.
-non-mod overclock only allows steady frames at stock resolutions (like masagrator said, they included very forgiving frame compensation for stock clocks)
-my 540 mod removes a lot of the post processing (motion blur, DoF, ambient occlusion, bloom) so things are clearer. also you will get better min resolution than stock (432p vs 540p)
-locked 720p is prob the sweet spot for max OC at steady ~30fps.

Loodanon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Funny stuff: they added 20ms Frame slack to compensate hitches. Which adds additional lag. And they throw this to garbage can by setting DR to 40 ms. :rofl2:
My 60 FPS removes frameslack completely. So you're reducing lag by up to ~43ms.
I KNEW something was up with the menus in this game! Honestly reducing input lag alone is the best thing about all these mods, thank you for making the menus bearable.
-60 mod does not change stock dynamic resolution so you won't notice any resolution difference.
-non-mod overclock only allows steady frames at stock resolutions (like masagrator said, they included very forgiving frame compensation for stock clocks)
-my 540 mod removes a lot of the post processing (motion blur, DoF, ambient occlusion, bloom) so things are clearer. also you will get better min resolution than stock (432p vs 540p)
-locked 720p is prob the sweet spot for max OC at steady ~30fps.
-I definitely notice that it stays firmly at the lower end of 432p throughout with the 60 mod. Not a dealbreaker but definitely a tradeoff.
-You are right about the 540 mod that's my bad, though i did find myself mistaking the 60 mod as sharper in battles. Probably due to post processing, likely influenced by my preferences.

enzonahuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OC is terms for clocking the switch to its hardware limit. not past it like general OC meaning. sys-clk already has gpu safe limits for handheld. dock can be used in max without problems. in other words, you can use max everything if you don't care about battery life and dont experience overheating shutdown.

only way OC will damage the switch is if you use modded sys-clk/hekate/atmoshere which allows you to go past limits (true overclock). it is highly discouraged to distribute these compiled, so only way is if you know how to compile it yourself and risk breaking your switch.

if you do have modded, then in handheld, max cpu OR gpu is recommended, not both. in dock, whatever your switch can handle without crashing.
Thank you very much! i am using the normal sys-clk with a max of 1785 oc for cpu, so that's reassuring to hear.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
So far the best options we have for playing docked are:

Fixed 720p at 60fps
Fixed 800p at 30fps

Both with max overclock right? Unless I'm getting something wrong.

Loodanon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So far the best options we have for playing docked are:

Fixed 720p at 60fps
Fixed 800p at 30fps

Both with max overclock right? Unless I'm getting something wrong.
Worth noting that fixed 720 @ 60fps is usually stuck in the 433-45fps at max clocks (from my testing anyway, right before 2nd boss). I'm sure it fares better in scenes that don't involve demons on the overworld or combat.

enzonahuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
edit: i tried to do a true 720p mod, but it seems like there really is something in the game's code that automatically turns on dynamic resolution if you load another scene. this mod will still give you 720p in dock and hh, but you have to use the dynamic resolution exefs patch too.

hey guys, if anyone wants. i did a quick mod. i modified the 60 fps patch to be true 720p in dock/hh with bloom,Depth of Field,motion blur, Ambient Occlusion removed.
i also included 540p-720p dynamic resolution version.

edit: here is a framecompare link (stock 60fps vs 720p mod vs 540-720p mod)
http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/WDDGWNNX

edit: here is framcompare w/ exefs patch (720p mod vs stock)
http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/WDDGPNNX

stock 60fps patch docked
View attachment 285522
modified 720p 60 fps patch docked
View attachment 285523
modified 540p-720p 60fps patch docked
View attachment 285524

edit: in case anyone wants 720p, only with no Depth of Field and Motion Blur
View attachment 285630

DONT FORGET TO USE WITH DISABLE DYNAMIC RESOLUTION EXEFS PATCH to keep 720p
edit: http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/0JJM1NNU

i am using your 720p60fps mod and it works really well, thank you. However, i noticed that the menu resolution is blurry. it looks like 480p and is clearly not as sharp as the rest. is this normal?

Last edited by enzonahuy,

habla2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so, whats best to use if i don't want to overclock because of the noise in handheld? right now im using the 30FPS mod. is the 540p mod stable at 30fps in handheld without overclocking?

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Not sure what's causing this, but I've started to have the game soft-hang in battles after a move. It's not frozen (characters still have their idle animation), but it hangs. Started after I applied the mod and happens in / around the shipping dock in the 2nd zone.

I have a second person reporting this. Anyone else here have this happen to them?

Can report this happens with the DynamicRes 30fps mod too. I've also noticed more instances of frame skipping while close to the docks / containers.

shorty_bobert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright this is an absolutely absurd hail-mary and I know it's probably impossible but... Is there a way to make right stick work on menus? I want to be able to play this mostly one-handed and this would go a long way. (because I have a baby, not because the demons are hot.)

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
alright this is an absolutely absurd hail-mary and I know it's probably impossible but... Is there a way to make right stick work on menus? I want to be able to play this mostly one-handed and this would go a long way. (because I have a baby, not because the demons are hot.)
For real? Jesus man, take care of your baby first and then play video games on your free time. Do each thing properly separately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLg85Bwkfmo