Ship of Harkinian - switch port?

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda wish copyright law would let you just freely share a 20+ year old game like this. It's older than most people defending Nintendo, a predatory anti-consumer company, I don't see any real harm in making it freeware after 20 years.

This isn't me stating anything beyond my political beliefs, it's always bothered me how copyright law and the ferocity of copyright lawyers have necessitated incredibly obtuse and strange rules on websites like this.

Reactions: Impossible_Igntiz

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
What else do you want? Someone to personally fly to your house and copy the files to your sd card for you as well?

You gotta at least..try

I was considering dming you the files to help out but..that’s too much effort now
I'm just having a little giggle, mate.

I honestly have too much in my backlog to be playing OOT for the 20th time but the randomizer looks super duper tempting

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda wish copyright law would let you just freely share a 20+ year old game like this. It's older than most people defending Nintendo, a predatory anti-consumer company, I don't see any real harm in making it freeware after 20 years.

This isn't me stating anything beyond my political beliefs, it's always bothered me how copyright law and the ferocity of copyright lawyers have necessitated incredibly obtuse and strange rules on websites like this.
You can blame Disney for helping fuck up US copyright laws. I look forward to the day when their precious Steamboat Wille goes public domain. But on topic, even without Disney, 20 years is too soon to lose copyright.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The fanport is already very good. No comparison to the cheap NSO version. But I must say that the Retroarch 3DS version is also very convincing! What is your opinion? If a nice texture pack gets ready, the port will surely offer the best OOT switch gaming experience though. I remain curious.

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hopefully we can use render64 texture.
I am also thinking with version is better.
3ds on Retroarch could be also perfect on the final core.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Guide how to build 3.0.1:

1) Download the OTR builders from one of the following:
Windows - https://downloads.shipofharkinian.com/shared/SoH-Rachael-Bravo-Win64.zip
OSX - https://downloads.shipofharkinian.com/shared/SoH-Rachael-Bravo-Mac.zip
Linux - https://downloads.shipofharkinian.com/shared/SoH-Rachael-Bravo-Linux.zip

2) Find the ROM
Find the PAL Ocarina of Time GameCube debug ROM (not Master Quest)
SHA1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099

3) Generate the oot.otr file with the software from step 1. Super easy to do!

4) Download soh-switch.7z
https://builds.shipofharkinian.com/job/SoH_Multibranch/job/develop-zhora/

5) Unzip and copy the oot.otr file in to the same folder, copy them over to your Switch /switch directory (for example SD:/switch/soh-switch/)

6) Play via Homebrew menu! Recommend not using Applet mode!

CREDIT: Thank you behinks on Reddit how to build it easy, just added the latest version and made it tiny bit easier to understand

Last edited by linuxares,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a way to play master quest version ?
I know the guide says to use the non MQ version to extract the assets, so I suppose the dungeon maps, or puzzle are only from the normal game.
Ship of Harkinian doesn't have the option to choose which version to play, right ? unless the generated oot asset file is compatible with both version ?

is the team working on a master quest version for their engine too ?

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the guide says to use the non MQ version to extract the assets, so I suppose the dungeon maps, or puzzle are only from the normal game.
Ship of Harkinian doesn't have the option to choose which version to play, right ? unless the generated oot asset file is compatible with both version ?

I haven't seen anything about MQ, best to look at their Discord and or ask there.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

MQ roms will be eventually supported, just low prio for now.

Reactions: impeeza

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MQ is available. I haven't had time to verify its functionality yet but the otr generated and it launched on my windows computer. Will try Switch later.

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto