ShopTemp (V1) R.I.P.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
BOLLOCKS.

I was about to order a SCDS2 when I got paid as well. Seems the only way I'm gonna be playing Golden Sun any time soon
angry.gif
:grumble grumble:
angry.gif

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As for many things, This will come to it's end. After the devastating message, in the land of the GBAtemp'ers, The land of the YWG and all the reproducers, a well valued ally has been lost in the war against the terror of Nintendo. The villagers of GBAtemp were saddned by the tale that shoptemp was closed down by the "law".

A large oppurtunity for programers hereby died in the hands of the sad sad creator of the website.

As the magic is fading away, the legend of the R4 dies again, and the large spreading of this years tempmas, have been utterly destroyed.

As a last post to the site, all Temp'ers , raise yo flashcards and stuff, we will remember Shop temp with pride and honor

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
stanleyopar2000 said:
I know what canned them EXACTLY.

they shipped inside the USA.

Nintendo and the ESA lobbied to congress to make shipping flashcarts (or anything they don't like) from inside the USA to citizens illegal.

Ship from China or Hong Kong, and they can't touch you

this is what other retailers are still up..because their merchandise is based in another country
Well that's clearly not the case. ShopTemp was based in China and shipped exclusively from China.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
BOLLOCKS.

I was about to order a SCDS2 when I got paid as well. Seems the only way I'm gonna be playing Golden Sun any time soon
angry.gif
:grumble grumble:
angry.gif

R4 and AceKard and DSONEi are working with Golden Sun.

I heard the internet has have some real hot deals on stuff of that nature

u C WAT I DiD ThERE
tongue.gif

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I never got round to buying anything from there, but it was definitely an asset to the community while it existed in it's previous form.
Although the circumstances around the closure (although they will probably not be revealed to the `public`) are terrible news to us all, it's also indirectly a compliment to Costello and the ShopTemp Team, as obviously ShopTemp was regarded as a bigger threat then the countless other scammers who are out there.

Good job while it lasted
grog.gif

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I really wanted to pick up one more SCDS2 and a EZ-Flash 4 gba cart. Anyone know a site that still sells the EZ4 gba cart? If so pm me please.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
I never got round to buying anything from there, but it was definitely an asset to the community while it existed in it's previous form.
Although the circumstances around the closure (although they will probably not be revealed to the `public`) are terrible news to us all, it's also indirectly a compliment to Costello and the ShopTemp Team, as obviously ShopTemp was regarded as a bigger threat then the countless other scammers who are out there.

Good job while it lasted
grog.gif

it was a cease and desist letter from the ESA,

that's what {some rom site} got

that's what DX Got

what Amazon got

and that's what the maker of the Chrono Trigger Sequel, Crimson Echoes SNES ROM Hacker got ( I will never forgive them for that)

that's how those alphabet government bastards work

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess it was a mistake to think shoptemp will alway be there and planning to order later (not even flashcard, but other goods).
Procrastinating is bad !

I always recommended Shoptemp, and it was the cheapest place on the net.
Thank you for the service Shoptemp gave to everyone this past few months.

I wish good luck to the owner, and good luck to GBAtemp staff for the future of the domain name.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
This was bound to happen.

We all know ninty want to close GBAtemp and will do anything they can to make things hard for this site.

So who do we buy from now?
unsure.gif

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The Pi said:
This was bound to happen.

We all know ninty want to close GBAtemp and will do anything they can to make things hard for this site.

So who do we buy from now?
unsure.gif

maybe some online shops sell NDS Carts

or maybe an angel might direct you

they always have the one place that sells hot items and good deals..yea..that kind of stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...