Homebrew Should I attempt to hack my New 3DS XL? (11.0 FW)

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you wait with enabling the possibility to run homebrew on your 3ds? Afaik, nothing seriously can be damaged with userland exploits.
Becuase I don't have the time to fix/deal with the issues/problems on the 3ds hardware if anything goes wrong becuase of school, and I am enjoying the console at the moment, don't want anything going wrong since I need to downgrade my FW, and get a CFW to back up the NAND/Replace it.

I have high hopes though that once the console is replaced by newer hardware/next gen 3DS (maybe.) It can, and maybe will be fully hackable :P
Sell yours buy another one is the best option
So I should sell my New 3DS XL with an IPS top screen for an Old 3DS... That makes perfect sense!

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Becuase I don't have the time to fix/deal with the issues/problems on the 3ds hardware if anything goes wrong becuase of school, and I am enjoying the console at the moment, don't want anything going wrong since I need to downgrade my FW, and get a CFW to back up the NAND/Replace it.

I have high hopes though that once the console is replaced by newer hardware/next gen 3DS (maybe.) It can, and maybe will be fully hackable :P

So I should sell my New 3DS XL with an IPS top screen for an Old 3DS... That makes perfect sense!
I believe some one on this forum does dsihax downgrades service for free, but you have to pay for the $5 exploit game. Not sure who it is, but you can poke around the trading area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country

Did I say buy and old 3ds? I said sell yours buy a new one, they shouldn't come with 11.0.33 out of the box, I highly doubt it.
Buy from a physical store, I found a holy grail 9.2 new 3DS last year and if you have games to sell you won't loose any money

Last edited by Zeriel,

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I say buy and old 3ds? I said sell yours buy a new one, they shouldn't come with 11.0.33 out of the box, I highly doubt it.
Buy from a physical store, I found a holy grail 9.2 new 3DS last year and if you have games to sell you won't loose any money
Oh I see, sorry I just assumed you were trying to make a joke post or something, I already upgraded to 11.0.33 FW so to late now (well for now.) Thanks for the advice though, I will have to check a retail store eventually to see if any other 3DS Consoles are below 11.0.

Also I have no plans on selling my 3DS for now. Until a 4DS or something is announced then maybe I might, and try to find one on a lower FW.

Bazinga1307

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Idk if you guys can help me or not but I cant seem to find anything current on putting cfw on my old 3ds for the purpose of downloading and playing 3ds roms. I'm am currently on firmware 11.4 and I have a 2015 r4 gold card but unfortunately only let's me play original ds any tips without having to go out and buy cubic ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if you guys can help me or not but I cant seem to find anything current on putting cfw on my old 3ds for the purpose of downloading and playing 3ds roms. I'm am currently on firmware 11.4 and I have a 2015 r4 gold card but unfortunately only let's me play original ds any tips without having to go out and buy cubic ninja

All your answers lies here:
If your flashcart is the one made by www.r4isdhc.com , you can use the ntrboot method in installing CFW.

Bazinga1307

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is what I have I hot it from a friend

Attachments

• 15313582087716413223376292060968.jpg
    15313582087716413223376292060968.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 168

Site & Scene News