Should I be forced to go to Church against my own will?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nigrok said:
Forcing religion on you? The Bible kinda says not to push your religion on other people....parenting FAIL. I'm a Christian but I'm not throwing my ideals at people and forcing it down their throats...bleh..
He's talking about the going to church part, not the believing part.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your profile says you were born in april 1994, so you're 16 now.
I think you should be able to decide for yourself.
I stopped believing when I was 12 and never did my parents yell at me or punish me for it.
Going to church is something you have to do for yourself because you want to. Not because you get grounded if you don't go.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
skystealer said:
I'm going to put this in the shortest way possible before my mom yells at me "Get off the computer and get dressed."

Alright, Should anyone be forced to go to church against their own will? I mean, I believe in god, but I refuse to just go to Church because I got alot of stuff to manage as is. My DAD believes in god, but he NEVER goes and my mom never asks him a thing about it, but I'm forced to get up every Sunday morning, and sit through a long sermon with words that I can barely understand. And if i DIDN'T go, I'd get grounded for like a week.

Anyone think this is wrong, yes?
glare.gif

Tell your mom (seriously I want you to show her this), a 49 year old married parent of a 17 year old son is telling her, rules are for everyone. If dad, who is a supposed (and he is not getting off that easy) religious person, and doesn't feel the need to go (way to go dad, lousy example of both parenting as well as example), then she has no case for getting anyone (yourself included) to go if they don't wish to go.

Has nothing to do with your age, the fact you are her child, etc etc etc. And yes the Bible says honour your mother and your father. Tell dad if he needs it, I can find the parts where it explains the expectations placed on fathers to lead by example (which he is not doing).

I am 100% not religious (at this time) but, I was born Anglican, was an alter boy in my teens and I have been a Mormon in my 30s (stopped though) but according to their beliefs (which matter to them) I am an Aaronic priest in good standing (regardless of my decision to quit). I even baptized my own wife.
The reason I mention all of that, is so I don't get offered some lame Bible based justifications for why she's right and I am wrong. Chances are she is utterly outclassed in this debate, and might as well not bother trying to defend her actions at all.

I have been out of line before with my son, and I had to eat crow and apologize. Darned right, the rules apply to dad as well. Rules that are not for all, are simply not rules, just a person abusing power.

Sounds to me, the main reason mom can't get dad to go, is well the obvious, he's a full grown male adult and he clearly doesn't think he needs to even listen to her.
Maybe if dad was told 'go to church, or you make your own meals, do your own laundry, and you can forget your sex life for the next week' he might feel inspired to get out of bed for a couple of hours and listen to the same dull boring dialogue (which I can tell you I am no stranger to).

Lead by example. My son for instance swears too much. Sadly he is only guilty of listening to me too much. I AM TO BLAME NOT HIM. Very important detail.
When you dad is ready to go to church, you will be ready to go to church. If he doesn't feel a need to go, your mom has no right to complain if no one else wants to go.
Suck it up dad, and don't bother trying the 'I'm tired from working all week' dodge.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
Tell your mom (seriously I want you to show her this), a 49 year old married parent of a 17 year old son is telling her, rules are for everyone.

Because religious zealots are concerned with what people on the, gaming, internet forums say.

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
You're obviously going to a church which is monotonous, boring, and totally misses the Christian message. Stick it out until you're older, then go to a church which you actually enjoy being at.

However, if your church is already pumpin', stop being so damned ignorant.

alphenor said:
Going to church isn't included in the 10 Commandments...
Thanks for referring to only the Old Testament and showing that you're clearly educated on the Bible.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ossot said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
Tell your mom (seriously I want you to show her this), a 49 year old married parent of a 17 year old son is telling her, rules are for everyone.

Because religious zealots are concerned with what people on the, gaming, internet forums say.

Of course if you had quoted the part about my likely having been a dozen more times the dedicated church goer than his mother, your reply wouldn't have looked the same.

In other words, that this is a gaming site, is not in itself automatically non relevant to his non gamer mother.

And I also know of persons of quite considerable religious dedication, that also like to play console games to relax.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
religion is just a way of sy's view/thinking
i've been to christian elementary school, been very good at theology[is that what it's called?] and knew it in and out
atm i'm an atheist and i can easily refer to the christian religion's faultiness whenever i try to protect my views[about animals, murder, being homo, politics etc]

philosphy is all about not caring about anyone else's views much, but your own, while you try to think without limits, without people controlling you
to say what you think
some of you older folks, can remeber that sharing your views back 20-30-40-50years ago was hard, harder and even harder than that
in the friggin medieval ages: kid-work, guy-marry-make children-work-fight-pay, women-household = makes me vomit to even think about it

religion is crap and all of those who are following one: it's not always a bad thing, but it tends to controll you, use you, modify your views, shorten your "sight and hurt people around you

imagine if during an rpg, your reach level 40 and stop gaining experience, instead, just using whatever skills you have at that moment you've learnt from others
reading a gamefaq about MK saying sub-zero is teh best and going to forums spamming that sub-zero is indeed the best, flaming anyone who thinks otherwise w/o true experience = this is a very simple example of a modern religion-like effect
if u stop thinking, making up your own views, like by following a religion, you put yourself between borders and hide your true side

i mean, would you follow a religion, that says liking violent games are horrible and is a sin while it's not, it doesn't effect you, you're just having fun?
i played silent hill, it almost worships the friggin devil, resident evil 4 is one of my fav games and i've seen all happy-tree-friends episodes while my desk is full of Yoshi, Starwolf and own happy furry-cartoon drawings, i'm watching kids cartoon shows and sleep with a toy raccoon
yea, i worship the devil indeed
would you follow a religion that says if u're a girl and like girls or a boy and like boys, you're going to hell, because it's unnatural[whereas it's 101% natural]?
would you follow a religion that prohibits you from euthanasia? if sy is on a machine, living in pain, crying all day with little life in her/his veins left, begging you to kill her/him? you would do good if there is no other way, you want to make her/him happy, is that wrong? or to commit suicide? if sy really cared about you and the circumstances have hope in them, they could stop you or make you believe it's not worth dying?
you or him/her is living in pain, who the fudge prohibits you from deciding between your own death and life? it's your friggin choice, if sy stops you and YOU think he/she's right, then fine, but not because some stupid cult thinks suicide is down-right sin and you're going to their "hell"
would you follow a religion that says anything bad about anyone? racism? really? how are you supposed to know who is pure evil and pure good?

it's like TV is a religion nowadays as well
what do you see? movies that are about drinking yourself to death, booming headshots and rage over gangsta-music
and what do 16-20yo ppl do nowadays? party hard-core until you lose all your braincells
and most don't think it's cool or good, others do and that's why they do as well
all kids see that the guy rescues the princess and they love each other, little teddy bears loving everyone, always happy ends[watch some "hell girl" anime fans, good example], believing in them, homose*uality censored in all friggin way it was possible, what does the 18+rating stand for? cuz lexington in the gargoyles cartoon was not allowed to just kiss a guy, which is barely a few seconds? some kids may actually realize it's cute, some stay with princesses, in the end, all of them have their own choice

/set_drama_value=0

so, should you be forced to go to church against your own will?
no and if anyone forces you to do so, even at a very young age, they should burn in their friggin made-up hell

this is one of the things i hate most about this world
people trying to control you

your personality will be affected by your surroundings[or it is made by the surroundings - those who are into philosophy know what i'm talking about], but to our made-up standards, try to create own thoughts

clichéic stuff i know, but most people still don't get it

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
words that I can barely understand
You should go then. Although going to church is not the best thing to do to understand the Bible, it is barely a good idea to stop going if you don't have a clue about what they're talking about.
If you understood what they're saying it could be comprehensible, but if you don't there's almost nothing that can help you in this situation against the people who force you to go.

D

Deleted_171835

RNorthex said:
religion is just a way of sy's view/thinking
derp

RNorthex said:
philosphy is all about not caring about anyone else's views much, but your own, while you try to think without limits, without people controlling you
to say what you think
I suggest you look at this.

RNorthex said:
religion is crap and all of those who are following one: it's not always a bad thing, but it tends to controll you, use you, modify your views, shorten your "sight and hurt people around you
You haven't given a single example as to why religion does all those things (e.g control you, shorten your sight and hurt people).

RNorthex said:
imagine if during an rpg, your reach level 40 and stop gaining experience, instead, just using whatever skills you have at that moment you've learnt from others
Horrible analogy.

RNorthex said:
reading a gamefaq about MK saying sub-zero is teh best and going to forums spamming that sub-zero is indeed the best, flaming anyone who thinks otherwise w/o true experience = this is a very simple example of a modern religion-like effect
Not everybody is a religious zealot.

RNorthex said:
if u stop thinking, making up your own views, like by following a religion, you put yourself between borders and hide your true side
Nobody is forcing you to follow a certain religion. It's a choice.

RNorthex said:
i mean, would you follow a religion, that says liking violent games are horrible and is a sin while it's not, it doesn't effect you, you're just having fun?
Name one religion that says "liking violent games are horrible and is a sin".

RNorthex said:
would you follow a religion that says if u're a girl and like girls or a boy and like boys, you're going to hell, because it's unnatural[whereas it's 101% natural]?
Like I said above, nobody is forcing you to follow a religion that doesn't allow homosexuality.

RNorthex said:
would you follow a religion that prohibits you from euthanasia? if sy is on a machine, living in pain, crying all day with little life in her/his veins left, begging you to kill her/him? you would do good if there is no other way, you want to make her/him happy, is that wrong? or to commit suicide? if sy really cared about you and the circumstances have hope in them, they could stop you or make you believe it's not worth dying?
you or him/her is living in pain, who the fudge prohibits you from deciding between your own death and life?
NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO FOLLOW A RELIGION THAT PROHIBITS THOSE THINGS.

RNorthex said:
it's your friggin choice, if sy stops you and YOU think he/she's right, then fine, but not because some stupid cult thinks suicide is down-right sin and you're going to their "hell"
read what I said above

QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM)
would you follow a religion that says anything bad about anyone? racism? really?
read what I said above.

how are you supposed to know who is pure evil and pure good?
IMO, there is no such thing as pure evil and pure good.

it's like TV is a religion nowadays as well
what do you see? movies that are about drinking yourself to death, booming headshots and rage over gangsta-music
and what do 16-20yo ppl do nowadays? party hard-core until you lose all your braincells
TV /=/ religion

and most don't think it's cool or good, others do and that's why they do as well
all kids see that the guy rescues the princess and they love each other, little teddy bears loving everyone, always happy ends[watch some "hell girl" anime fans, good example], believing in them, homose*uality censored in all friggin way it was possible, what does the 18+rating stand for? cuz lexington in the gargoyles cartoon was not allowed to just kiss a guy, which is barely a few seconds? some kids may actually realize it's cute, some stay with princesses, in the end, all of them have their own choice
What does this have to do with the topic at hand or religion?

this is one of the things i hate most about this world
people trying to control you
That's life. Deal with it.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<!--quoteo(post=3555203:date=Mar 30 2011, 12:32 AM:name=SoulSnatcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SoulSnatcher @ Mar 30 2011, 12:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555203"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->religion is just a way of sy's view/thinking<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
derp
<b>derp</b>
<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->philosphy is all about not caring about anyone else's views much, but your own, while you try to think without limits, without people controlling you
to say what <b>you</b> think<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I suggest you look at <a href="http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=gi2&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&sa=X&ei=8VmSTcqJMYWEtgeHz_lh&ved=0CBkQvwUoAQ&q=define+philosophy&spell=1" target="_blank">this</a>.
<b>about, not definition, this is what i was actually talking about</b>
<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>religion is crap</b> and all of those who are following one: <b>it's not always a bad thing</b>, but it tends to <b>controll you</b>, use you, modify your views, shorten your "sight and hurt people around you<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You haven't given a single example as to why religion does all those things (e.g control you, shorten your sight and hurt people).
<b>i refrained from doing so because i ddin't want to be specific
-my teacher told me that if i'm ga.y i'll go to hell, simple as that, same how the pope did over and over
-my bro and my mother was shocked and had to have at least 2 or 3 days of pure silence b4 going back to normal and accept me
as much as i'm more disappointed in them because of this, it still hurts and for a bonus: gays are still being beaten up even today
-u go to hell, purgatory or heaven, is that it? what if you got no soul? what if there's sth even more powerful that you can't imagine because your thoughts and imagination is generally limited to what u have experienced or in connection with them etc?
-back in the medieval ages christianity actually supported the war, claiming they are doing good by banishing the "evil" -....so, what about "plox don't kill"?
also, there are still some countries which are extremely religious and any homose*ual actions may lead to death sentence
enough examples?</b>

<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->imagine if during an rpg, your reach level 40 and stop gaining experience, instead, just using whatever skills you have at that moment you've learnt from others<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Horrible analogy.
<b>simple for those who can barely understand it, you think like others do and not by yourself, expanding your views</b>
<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->reading a gamefaq about MK saying sub-zero is teh best and going to forums spamming that sub-zero is indeed the best, flaming anyone who thinks otherwise w/o true experience = this is a very simple example of a modern religion-like effect<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Not everybody is a religious zealot.
<b>not everybody, but there are some and there were and those people or - best example - parents can teach their kids to be like that
if u were right, then euthanasia and suicide wouldn't be a sin, no money would've been spent for churches and discrimination wouldn't be that much of a problem</b>
<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->if u stop thinking, making up your own views, like by following a religion, you put yourself between borders and hide your true side<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Nobody is forcing you to follow a certain religion. It's a <i><b>choice</b></i>.
<b>are you even reading what i just wrote? it's enough if your parents raise you like that, then it !WON'T! be your choice</b>
<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i mean, would you follow a religion, that says liking violent games are horrible and is a sin while it's not, it doesn't effect you, you're just having fun?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Name one religion that says "liking violent games are horrible and is a sin".
<b>still to this day some ppl think these are very harmful and not so long ago i heard a kid in USA, 15 years old playing vampire massacre bloodlines[that was the name?] and he got beaten up, mother almost went to jail, just because she thought her dear child worships the devil upon seeing blood on the monitor and hearing some vulgar language</b>
<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->would you follow a religion that says if u're a girl and like girls or a boy and like boys, you're going to hell, because it's unnatural[whereas it's 101% natural]?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Like I said above, nobody is forcing you to follow a religion that doesn't allow homosexuality.
<b>read above</b>
<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->would you follow a religion that prohibits you from euthanasia? if sy is on a machine, living in pain, crying all day with little life in her/his veins left, begging you to kill her/him? you would do good if there is no other way, you want to make her/him happy, is that wrong? or to commit suicide? if sy really cared about you and the circumstances have hope in them, they could stop you or make you believe it's not worth dying?
you or him/her is living in pain, who the fudge prohibits you from deciding between your own death and life?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO FOLLOW A RELIGION THAT PROHIBITS THOSE THINGS.
<b>read above....gee</b>
<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->it's your friggin choice, if sy stops you and <b>YOU</b> think he/she's right, then fine, but not because some stupid cult thinks suicide is down-right sin and you're going to their "hell"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
read what I said above
<b>same</b>
<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->would you follow a religion that says anything bad about anyone? racism? really?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
read what I said above.
<b>same</b>
<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->how are you supposed to know who is pure evil and pure good?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
IMO, there is no such thing as pure evil and pure good.
<b>and if u've studied philosophy at all, it's also possible that neither good or bad exists, so what then?</b>
<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->it's like TV is a religion nowadays as well
and what do 16-20yo ppl do nowadays? party hard-core until you lose all your braincells<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
TV /=/ religion
<b>raising kids as a christian/buddhist/muslim w/e =/= religion? imagination please, they are all in connection when a child is being raised, it's a bit offtipic, but still on the subject</b>
<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->and most don't think it's cool or good, <b>others</b> do and that's why they do as well
all kids see that the guy rescues the princess and they love each other, little teddy bears loving everyone, always happy ends[watch some "hell girl" anime fans, good example], believing in them, homose*uality censored in all friggin way it was possible, what does the 18+rating stand for? cuz lexington in the gargoyles cartoon was not allowed to just kiss a guy, which is barely a few seconds? some kids may actually realize it's cute, some stay with princesses, in the end, all of them have their own choice<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
What does this have to do with the topic at hand or religion?
<b>read above, even the christianity encourages: do good and you'll recieve your reward....problem is, i don't believe that, i do good, but not for the reward, because you don't get it and this crap about "yes u do, you just can't see...in time!" etc doesn't work for me, it's not so logical and for human standards - upon which religions are built as well - unfair possibilites exist - that is regarding to the always happy endings and clichéic things in case you have a hard time imagining that as well - no offense</b>
<!--quoteo(post=3555136:date=Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM:name=RNorthex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3555136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->this is one of the things i hate most about this world
people trying to control you<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's life. <a href="http://omgif.gosedesign.net/wp-content/deal-with-it.gif" target="_blank">Deal with it</a>.
<b>indeed, but sometimes it looks better, each year i see that there is some hope</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
i don't mean to offend you, you shouldn't as well
but honestly, i think your missing the point

D

Deleted_171835

RNorthex said:
i refrained from doing so because i ddin't want to be specific
-my teacher told me that if i'm ga.y i'll go to hell, simple as that, same how the pope did over and over
-my bro and my mother was shocked and had to have at least 2 or 3 days of pure silence b4 going back to normal and accept me
as much as i'm more disappointed in them because of this, it still hurts and for a bonus: gays are still being beaten up even today
-u go to hell, purgatory or heaven, is that it? what if you got no soul? what if there's sth even more powerful that you can't imagine because your thoughts and imagination is generally limited to what u have experienced or in connection with them etc?
-back in the medieval ages christianity actually supported the war, claiming they are doing good by banishing the "evil" -....so, what about "plox don't kill"?
also, there are still some countries which are extremely religious and any homose*ual actions may lead to death sentence
enough examples?
That's why you follow a DIFFERENT religion or denomination if you don't agree with the values in one of them.

RNorthex said:
not everybody, but there are some and there were and those people or - best example - parents can teach their kids to be like that
if u were right, then euthanasia and suicide wouldn't be a sin, no money would've been spent for churches and discrimination wouldn't be that much of a problem
I don't understand what you're rambling on about.

RNorthex said:
are you even reading what i just wrote? it's enough if your parents raise you like that, then it !WON'T! be your choice
Eventually, you're going to grow up, move away and move on with your life. Your parents don't raise you forever. Even when they are raising you, one can still believe in a different religion. If their parents don't accept it, so be it.

RNorthex said:
still to this day some ppl think these are very harmful and not so long ago i heard a kid in USA, 15 years old playing vampire massacre bloodlines[that was the name?] and he got beaten up, mother almost went to jail, just because she thought her dear child worships the devil upon seeing blood on the monitor and hearing some vulgar language
That's the mother's fault, though. Don't go blaming religion for every odd thing that happens.

QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 29 2011, 06:16 PM)
raising kids as a christian/buddhist/muslim w/e =/= religion? imagination please, they are all in connection when a child is being raised, it's a bit offtipic, but still on the subject
Yet again, I can't understand your incoherent rambling.

read above, even the christianity encourages: do good and you'll recieve your reward....problem is, i don't believe that, i do good, but not for the reward, because you don't get it and this crap about "yes u do, you just can't see...in time!" etc doesn't work for me, it's not so logical and for human standards - upon which religions are built as well - unfair possibilites exist - that is regarding to the always happy endings and clichéic things in case you have a hard time imagining that as well - no offense
There's nothing wrong with an added incentive to do good.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@RNorthex
Religion in itself is not a bad thing and doesn't hurt anyone. Specific religions do. If someone is raised in a religion, they can always think for themselves and believe something else.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
RNorthex said:
i refrained from doing so because i ddin't want to be specific
enough examples?
That's why you follow a DIFFERENT religion or denomination if you don't agree with the values in one of them.

RNorthex said:
not everybody, but there are some and there were and those people or - best example - parents can teach their kids to be like that
if u were right, then euthanasia and suicide wouldn't be a sin, no money would've been spent for churches and discrimination wouldn't be that much of a problem
I don't understand what you're rambling on about.

RNorthex said:
are you even reading what i just wrote? it's enough if your parents raise you like that, then it !WON'T! be your choice
Eventually, you're going to grow up, move away and move on with your life. Your parents don't raise you forever. Even when they are raising you, one can still believe in a different religion. If their parents don't accept it, so be it.

RNorthex said:
still to this day some ppl think these are very harmful and not so long ago i heard a kid in USA, 15 years old playing vampire massacre bloodlines[that was the name?] and he got beaten up, mother almost went to jail, just because she thought her dear child worships the devil upon seeing blood on the monitor and hearing some vulgar language
That's the mother's fault, though. Don't go blaming religion for every odd thing that happens.

raising kids as a christian/buddhist/muslim w/e =/= religion? imagination please, they are all in connection when a child is being raised, it's a bit offtipic, but still on the subject
Yet again, I can't understand your incoherent rambling.

read above, even the christianity encourages: do good and you'll recieve your reward....problem is, i don't believe that, i do good, but not for the reward, because you don't get it and this crap about "yes u do, you just can't see...in time!" etc doesn't work for me, it's not so logical and for human standards - upon which religions are built as well - unfair possibilites exist - that is regarding to the always happy endings and clichéic things in case you have a hard time imagining that as well - no offense
There's nothing wrong with an added incentive to do good.

how you're raised actually plays a very important part in your life thus religion does count in it
all i know is that i like philosophy, wondering and if i do good things, that's enough to go on
this is not purely a religion topic, read the title, it's about being forced thus the connection by people with the specific religion

i shared my thoughts, none of your points made me change my mind - i can't really see any valid argument there - but i don't like flaming either so let's stop then
i'm sorry if i offended you in any way, afaik it's against the rules, if you want u can always contact a moderator and delete these posts
i see no need for further replies if all it does is making you flame me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?