OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My M3i Zero and iEDGE went on the fritz today, and I was wondering...

Should I bother getting a SCDS2? Does it really live up to all the hype? If I manage to get my carts working again, is it worth it?

I mean, I was probably going to by one eventually anyway, but all of a sudden now that I have no working cart, it's become slightly more of a necessity (pending the resuscitation of my current carts of course).

Bottom line; is it really THAT awesomesauce?

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow can't anybody see the General Discussion and Question thread that's been stickied; this question seems to recur everyday, but to answer your question I would say that the card shows a lot of promise even at an early stage it performs very well.

From my experience the DS compatibility is really impressive, since new games that have AP don't require a patch or an update even though you may run into a few snag on a few of games.

The GBA emulator does pretty well, but this is a touchy subject for many since most people expect smooth transitions like it was playing from the actual cart. Their is a noticeable difference when comparing the emu to the actual game cart, but you'll get over it and find that most of games are playable.

If your looking to get more out of your DS and have patience I would really recommend it, but if your very picky and want everything to go at a fast pace then just forget it and give the card about half a year.

t^2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, I'm terribly sorry I didn't notice that! -_-;;

Perhaps I shouldn't be creating topics after being awake for so long. Thanks for the info though, very helpful. I'm patient so if I can't fix either of my carts tomorrow I'll likely just order a SCDS2. ^^;;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4PvTrTp7Tc&pp=ygUTd2hhdCB3aGF0IGluIGRhIGJ1dA%3D%3D +1