Hardware Should I buy a Switch ?

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there, I know there are some other people asking about buying or not but yeah ...

I am interested in the switch even with that joke they call a controller, or don't they? xD

Right now I am in Japan and here I can get a used one which is as good as new for ~200$ which I think is an okay price BUT I would need to update that thing to buy Games I can understand as I probably wontw find any english games in stores in Tokyo ^^V

I read that the entry point they have doesn't care for firmware version ... still many people here say "didn't update if you want homebrew" ...

So if I buy it now here in Japan I will either risk not having homebrew or will have a useless brick sitting here till I go back home which could take another few month plus in worst case I will have to pay import tax upon comming back home if they notice I bought it here :/

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's already a huge amount of this threads, you could have searched and posted in them ;)...

I recommend buying new as I have seem so many problematic Switches.

Anyway if you buy now you are good no matter what FW it is in. Homebrew for now its best to stay at FW3.0, but as soon as CFW comes out (releasing this summer) any console will have homebrew.

The thing is just above 3.0.1 will require the pin shorting on the first release, however a softmod-only version is also expected to come later for >3.0.1 to <=4.1.0 and above this it may take too much time or never show up a softmod version of the hack...

But it's so easy to do the hardmode that its kinda even pointless. Its better to stay on the lowest FW you can, but if you update the console its not like your going to lose homebrew ability, you will still be able to have CFW...

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Some games on japan eshop or retail have english subs or option. Just to let you know.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Just Buy a Wii U. The Wii U can play 99% of all the games that are available for the switch. Not to mention, with the Wii U, you can play just about every game Nintendo has ever made over the past 30 years. 10,000's of games with the Wii U, or 20 games with Switch? Should be an easy decision;).

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks guily
and yeah I know but because this is kinda special case ... i think ... I asked in a new thread ;)

Some games on japan eshop or retail have english subs or option. Just to let you know.

Yes but I guess I can not access the eshop while not on the newest firmware ? ;)
I read I can even access the European eshop with a Japanese switch so that's not the problem

Just Buy a Wii U. The Wii U can play 99% of all the games that are available for the switch. Not to mention, with the Wii U, you can play just about every game Nintendo has ever made over the past 30 years. 10,000's of games with the Wii U, or 20 games with Switch? Should be an easy decision;).

But I don't have a tv here in Japan and I was thinking of getting a switch to waste some time in the evening before going to sleep.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
only if you want to play botw and odyssey but it doesn't look like anything interesting is even coming this year. i havn't touched mine since odyssey.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If modding is your ultimate goal, you should probably get one before the new hardware revision arrives.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only if you want to play botw and odyssey but it doesn't look like anything interesting is even coming this year. i havn't touched mine since odyssey.
Wolfenstein II is actually one of the best multiplatform recent FPS games, it improved quite a lot over the 2 last crap ones... Its just not as good as Wolfenstein Return to the Castle from like 2001.

V-Rally 4 is coming too which is a big rally classic...

Every month the gaming list is increasing.
Problem is Wii-U is not a portable console, its probably kinda dead now and its not getting new games like Doom, Wolfenstein and others known on PS4\PC\Xone...

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we need a device where we can ask an assistant that can fit in our pockets too bad Samsung...