Hacking Should I update my DSi firmware?

zackfiles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys!

I have a DSi that I haven't ever updated. It came out of the box with 1.4U firmware.
I bought an Acekard 2i and realized that it wouldn't work without this "ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds" patch. So I did it, and the Acekard worked!

But now, I really want to get in to the DSi store, and in order to do that, I believe I have to update the firmware, but I have a feeling that my "ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds" patch will get in the way, and my DSi will get corrupted.

What should I do? Please help! I don't want my DSi to get corrupted, and I still want my Acekard 2i to work...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can simply update the firmware with the update from here, if the ak2i update was successfully completed you can update your dsi without any problem.

zackfiles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah! Sorry guys! It wasn't called happyday.exe

Here is what I used:
http://dsir4im3idsoneiacekard2i.articlesba...14-1143017.html

I had to put the Acekard into my DS lite, then I patched it with this file:
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds

After that, it worked properly on my 1.4U DSi.

Will my current patch conflict with the current 1.4.3U patch? I'm really worried...

comk4ver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay let me get this straight: after updating my acekard to the newest firmware I can then update the firmware on my dsi? But what about later on in the future when I need to flash a new firmware update or a new acekard?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
comk4ver said:
Okay let me get this straight: after updating my acekard to the newest firmware I can then update the firmware on my dsi?
If the ak2i firmware is compatible with the latest dsi firmware then yes.

QUOTE(comk4ver @ Sep 30 2011, 09:43 AM) But what about later on in the future when I need to flash a new firmware update or a new acekard?
If a new dsi firmware comes out you will simply need to wait for a new acekard firmware update, no need to get a new acekard.

comk4ver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question 1: what i meant was for example; if i wanted to flash an newer update on my acekard (assuming a new firware update happens 1.5) would I still be able to on the new firmware update for my dsi? I was under the impression that if you were on anything above nintendo firmware 1.2 you wouldn't be able to flash any flash carts. Is that now not accurate?
It's the only reason why I have never upgraded my dsi.

Question 2: I have upgraded my acekard to firmware 1.4.3 for the dsi but my dsi is still on 1.2, should i upgrade my dsi or will i still be able to run any item i wish just like that?

A million thanks to the all knowledegable one!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - If you can run the acekard, you can flash the acekard.
You just can't flash ANOTHER acekard. An acekard can flash itself on the DSi, but one cart cannot flash another.

2 - You can run any DS/i game on any DSi firmware. It's dsiware ones and such that want you to update to get to them (the store).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo,