Should Sonic Origins have included Knuckles Chaotix?

Should Sonic Origins have included Knuckles Chaotix?

• Yes, it's one of the original Sonic games, following on from Sonic & Knuckles.

• I don't think it should be included in the base game, but it should be available as a DLC.

• No, it doesn't star Sonic so it's a spin-off.

• No, I think the originals ended with Sonic 3 & Knuckles on the Mega Drive / Genesis.

Results are only viewable after voting.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Would be nice but I'm not fussed.

One thing to remember is that Origins features remakes of the games using the Retro Engine, with CD/1/2 being prior ports. Even with the 'new' port S3&K, there was a prototype years ago which is likely now going to be used as a basis, not to demean the team responsible for the current version.

hcstealth.tumblr.com/post/100311283757

With Knuckles Chaotix, they would essentially be starting from scratch.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I think people were going to buy Origins regardless, because of a Retro Engine S3&K, but Chaotix would have been a great addition for the novelty factor. AFAIK that game hasn't had any re-release ever? So it'd be great to have it on something that isn't a Sega 32X.

But, if it's purely Sonic "Origins", then no, it doesn't really belong. Then again, when did Vectorman ever belong in Sonic Mega Collection, so it's a moot point.

cyberlink420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be interesting, but I don't think it quite fits the scope of what the collection was always intended to be.

That said, I will forever be a little salty that it apparently had to be cut from Gems Collection back in the day. Oh, what could have been...

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not as one of the really out there entries, but would be nice. Especially the idea of playing online Multiplayer with the tether rings would be neat... on paper.

Valyssa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would be nice, but I definitely don't feel it's missing from a collection called "Origins". Having some spinoffs released as standalone DLC would be nice if it's priced fairly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Thanks ken
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Great game. But I'd buy it straight up before paying for prime. Unless you order something everyday from amazon, not worth it imo
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm one of those people that Amazon loses money on the Prime subscription with
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I abuse the fuck out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Prime says I've already saved $400 this year lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where do you see how much you've saved?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Under orders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    See maybe good for you guys, but I don't hardly ever order from amazon, maybe only couple times a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Primes great because I stopped getting into arguments with the door greeter at Walmart
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahahaha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They see me so much in there they don't even ask for me receipt anymore tbh
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Pain in the ass, don't see it anywhere on the desktop site, had to pull it up on my phone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think they gave up on the website and mainly focus on the app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Desktop site > mobile site > mobile app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.