Should titles that offer DSi enhancements be part of DS or DSi list?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Really depends on the game and what enhancement it offers. When I originally voted I misread the poll.

Once it's made clear it has a DSi enhancement but is still playable on the DS, I say keep it in the same list.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Definitely they belong in the normal DS list. Dunno who these idiots are voting on the polls when everyone agrees they belong as part of DS. I don't think the new serial numbering is a good enough reason to make them on their own list.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes: Why?:

It's best to keep them in another list cause if not in a near future there will be those kind of dumb questions like "Which ds games have dsi content?" It's better to sort them in another list.

No: Why? :

It's like restarting the ds list again also that could be confusing probably the best thing is to keep them in the same list with (Dsi Enhanced) advice on the title...

Just my opinion,
rolleyes.gif

hafzul.bhuiyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly i think that the DSI is just a rip off because the economy is low. it just has 2 camras and that nice "slidey" skin and music... if ppl ant that so bad i suggest they look around in thier house! get an ipod takes care of music, i bet u got a camra cellphone or a regualar camra. as for the skin, get DSision!!

P.S. i own a DSI its not all its cut out to be its WACk!!

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
DS list. If DSi-only games emerge, they should go in a seperate list.

EDIT: What happens if a game comes out that has DSi specific easter eggs or unlockables that aren't mentioned on the cover? Do we put it in the DS list and then have to re-order everything when the DSi bit is discovered?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
"I keep checking the DS release list for Zelda Spirit Tracks when is it dumped?"

"It's in the DSi release list man."

"But... But it only has small optional camera features... Putting it on that list doesn't distinguish it from DSi-only games."

"Too bad. It's apparently a DSi game.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with parts of Shaun and Rayder's posts.

We are talking about a rom release list here, so IF the rom can be loaded on a DS flash cart(R4, cyclo, etc), slapped in a DS or DSL, and it works, then it should be in the DS list. However, it does not look like the older cards can run these yet... maybe they can with a software upgrade, maybe they can't.

Right now it's the akaio 1.5 beta and the SC DSOne/i that can load these(in DS mode)? Or is it just rumors and it's emulator only that can load these as DS or DSi?

If they can, and more carts support them, then by all means keep them in the DS list, and as has been mentioned, have a designation in the info box as to DSi enhanced as well as having a filter option: clickable box, drop down menu, etc to select show all, show DSi enhanced only, or show DS/DSL titles only.

If it's just smoke and mirrors, no carts can run them, then let's have the DSi forum and start it out with these titles.

Otherwise, in the theoretical future when the next gen DSi rom carts are released and the roms can be loaded on the shiny new DSi's with DSi features accessible from these carts using these roms, then have the first few posts in the brand spankin new DSI rom section with these titles listed with their DS number and in the post: a link to the prior DS rom post from the DS section and an appeal to discuss the enhancements only in the new DSI forum topic.

In fact, if the emulators can act like a DSI, do we have any DSI ware roms? If so, then by all means let's start the DSI release list and have the grandfathered in DS numbered titles shown there as well with the stipulated restriction to enhancement discussion only on the DSi forum.

Right now I don't see any DSI specific sub-forums.... so I am guessing no DSI ware roms yet to go along with DSi only roms (which don't exist)?

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
science said:
DS, with info stating that it has DSi functions
I agree with this.

Continue with the DS list (we're only up to about # 4000, leaving plenty of space before we'd have to move to a 5-digit number)

It's essentially the same console. Even if specific games cannot be played on the DS Phat/lite, those games should still be part of the same list in my opinion.

edit (clarification):

DS number system ---> NDS and DSi-enhanced
DSi number system ---> DSi-only and DSiWare

G

GentleFist

well i voted dsi with my mind on if i cant use all features on ds i want it labeled as dsi
but reading the posts i guess it being on the ds list is logically more correct

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps it should be on both lists. If it works on both systems, that means it should be on the DS list for that...but also on the DSi list because there are features that only work on the DSi. Anyway, people are already putting the games on the DSi list. I think My Healthy Cooking Coach is already...#0004?

MostImmature

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with being in both? But I do think it entirely depends on the marketing. Since enhancement would mean it's for DSi user more or less...

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
well those "DSi games" my have a DS mode too that are activated when you are using a DS lite or a PHAT with all the DSi features block or something like that. What I know is that the only DSi titles enhanced are the ones in DSware, I dont know it that will be the only place to get them but we just have to be patient to see what happens. I just hope that they put some good GBA titles on the DSware that would be fantastic or a emulator or somthing so you can play your old GBA games
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN