jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Whizz said:
Lol, did you color that Gameboy in with a ballpoint?

no, i painted it ages ago, i want to re paint it as the paint has chipped off.

Upperleft said:
Whats with the Gameboy O_O?

See reply above.

QUOTE(Stickell @ Jun 16 2008, 08:05 PM)
GAMEBOY POCKET! i still have one of those! but it still has all the paint still!

it's actually a gameboy color.

Stickell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, i thought the colored game boy was a game boy pocket, cause mine is blue, and i thought that the paint was just fading

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Well, I already posted mine in topic a while ago, but can't hurt to show it again..

DSC06147.jpg

DSC06145.jpg

DSC06140.jpg

DSC06144.jpg

Fixated.jpg

I've placed few pictures in the spoiler tag, so it doesn't take much of the space, and doesn't look too big in the thread..
i want one like that. i just got a ds. what kind of case is it?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
laugh.gif
Thanks very much..
It's plain Polar White NDS Lite outside, inside is replaced with transparent clear casing (I've got the whole replacement shell, but I didn't want to make it whole clear..). I've replaced power and volume switches with the clear ones, and also a dust cover..Screen frames and all buttons except X and Y remained white, I like them more than clear ones)..I decided to go for A and B white and X and Y clear, because of the "GameBoy spirit"......
After case modding, I made NESish design, print it out, and use that with Crystal Clear case....

That would be process in short..

Mr Malice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright here's my sassy devil....
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Yeah thats a dog tag chain. No Dog Tag with it however.

But it's clean, I'm sort of a neat freak so I take my eyeglasses cloth to wipe it down. And I take tender care of it so no cracks on the hinges. I got it a cople days after release so it's one of the first batches.
biggrin.gif

What is everyone using to put that extra cover over it? I'd like to do that as well with mine. I just don't know what it is.
EDIT: This it? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4425

But yeah, nothing smexy about mine.... YET.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
ScuberSteve said:
lol, my DS wins today.

[IMAGES]

If a fifteen-year-old can do this, YOU CAN TOO
smile.gif
Whoa, impressive!!
ohmy.gif

Though I think it would be better with black frames around the LCDs.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, my phat DS is almost broken. Let me give you a little list on it's "problems":
-Very very rough engraving of my name on it. Some people can't even recognize it, lol.
-Scratched up touch screen. I never bought a Hori Screen Protector, so I have some deep scratches on it.
-Loose hinge. Sometimes, I don't even hear that click you hear when you open it up.
-Very dirty.

Overall, it's a piece of junk that I still can't believe it works. (I've had this DS since release day
grog.gif
)

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
not much special about mine, it's just a black 2006 model that has broken wifi antennae and doesn't wanna connect to any routers literally.

and its easily getting grubby even when i wipe it down, i think that the finish if there is one has worn away and it gets grubby easily, on the back are a load of wear and tear scratches some of the writing is faded, serial number sticker is still in place.
screens are still in good condition, touch screen is finally starting to show some light scratches from wear and tear after all this time, gets oily easily and it often accumulates since you cannot easily clean a touch screen because of that stupid ridge, and the top screen is fine.

i think i could do with a new DS though, oh and the battery only lasts about one third of its original charge.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Here is mine, sorry for the dark pic, its 2:30 am and I cant be bothered to set up a decent ligt for the pic.

image02zf8.jpg

as you can [sort of] see, its a white ds with a black lower inside. This is becasue a few days ago, the right corner snapped off and I had to replace that bit. Ont eh screen you can just make out my current WIP, a remake of DSision, running of a DSTT/TTDS.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mine is a simple original Blue Phat DS that I bought brand new when the Blue ones came out and I have loved it to death.

I can't close it anymore though, thanks to the fact that I had to tape the ribbon wire that connects to the top screen to keep it from tearing on a weak crease and if I close it itll rip the cord completely. As it is it isnt badly damaged but I cant open the bottom of the case without a triwing screwdriver to find out where the cord is catching when I close the DS.

Other than that the case is in wonderful shape and everything else works beautifully.

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
@Mr Malice

I bought one off of eBay (from a seller that I previously purchased from who seemed to be trustworthy) for less than five dollars shipped. While it's not the Mad Catz brand, it looks almost exactly like them and fits almost perfectly!

You can find them here. Simply search for DS Crystal Shell.

They look slightly different from the pic (the logo actually looks like the official one and the grips are not there). Thus making them almost exactly like the Mad Catz ones!

Well I hope I helped!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1