TraumaHoundNDS

OP
Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
My daughter came to me saying her DS wasn't working, getting her to clarify that it's the cart, not the handheld itself.

Tried it in my DS: No.
Tried clearing off the SDHC to use fresh firmware: Had 4 .cc files, wouldn't let me erase them.
Tried Panasonic SD Format: Wow, great little prog; fresh firmware still a no-go.
Tried fiddling with SD card and/or flashcart: No.

At least the card isn't pricey to replace, just bummed that it's dead...unless anyone can think of something else for me to try.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the ak2i isn't booting on a dsl/dsp?
the ak2i isn't booting on a dsi?
the msd has been tested in another flash linker?
the ak2i was tested on another nds?

does it boot?
does it get stuck at "loading..."?
does it get into the firmware but roms won't run?

-another world

TraumaHoundNDS

OP
Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
Follow Up:

Was running on DSL, before I tried anything with it I popped it into my own DSL and nothing despite it working just fine up to that point (I think she was playing earlier that day.)

DSL starts fine, goes to main DS system screen, shows no cart is inserted. I didn't try the SDHC with another cart (I'll give that a go) but aside from not being able to delete those .cc files (what are those, anyway?) everything else went just fine cuting, pasting, even reformatting. The DS just no longer sees the cart.

I've never understood the "paper trick". Where exactly is it supposed to be wedged? Anyone have a pic of one with the paper jammed in?

jeffro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
That paper trick is you slide in a folded up piece of paper as the front of your card (The part where the text is) and slide it in together with the flashcard into your ds. This is to make the contacts hit each other better.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I think that the firmware is not an issue as the acekard 2i is not detectable.

have you tried inserting it with a force (little)? It's sometimes on my old acekard 2.1 and it's a bummer to use little force to insert. try insert it with a bend during the insert. insert it then bend it a little so you can feel there's an angle. in short, insert it with an angle forward or backward.

repeat process for 10 times MAX and if tere's no detection, your card's motherboard is toast. this happens to me when i put glue all over the motherboard but was fixed when it's dried but you didnt opened your acekard 2i, right? something's wrong with the memory contacks or the main chip

the acekard 2/i will work even if it has no microSD. if you see it, it's working. put the AKAIO and run a game to see if you have a genuine card. (the last sentence has no meaning to this topic)

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an old ak2 which uses the clips. it's really thick and screwy so it messed up my slot 1 spring.

it has lots of issues. i have to try over and over and over before I can get it to work. However, if you use the edge of slot-1 as a pivot and use the cart's top to push the contacts like a lever, it may work.\

my cart has so much tape on it it's not even funny. It's huge compared to commercial carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: IS ANYONE ON TWITCH.COM TWITCH.COM/THESUSHIDRAGON