Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
As I'm not sure the difference between the two, I believe it's partition based, I used a Hekate guide to set up the SD card, and used the Partition Manager.
Same here, I've got both file based and partition based - same errors on both though so I think the problem must be with Atmosphere fusee.bin and emunand. I don't want to update my sysnand to test because this new update might burn fuses (didn't check though) and I want to keep my sysnand on a lower fw for testing.
I downgraded my emunand back to 14.0.2 but kept Atmosphere on the new one - and still got the black screen with fusee.bin, so I downgraded Atmosphere and fusse.bin back to the previous version and the issues are gone. So I think the problem is with the new fusee.bin that's causing the black screen as package3 booting is fine.

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: whitezombie

whitezombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here, I've got both file based and partition based - same errors on both though so I think the problem must be with Atmosphere fusee.bin and emunand. I don't want to update my sysnand to test because this new update burn might burn fuses (didn't check though) and I want to keep my sysnand on a lower fw for testing.
I downgraded my emunand back to 14.0.2 but kept Atmosphere on the new one - and still got the black screen with fusee.bin, so I downgraded Atmosphere and fusse.bin back to the previous version and the issues are gone. So I think the problem is with the new fusee.bin that's causing the black screen as package3 booting is fine.
I did leave the new atmosphere, hekate files on there when I downgraded, and it did not blackscreen for me.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here, I've got both file based and partition based - same errors on both though so I think the problem must be with Atmosphere fusee.bin and emunand. I don't want to update my sysnand to test because this new update burn might burn fuses (didn't check though) and I want to keep my sysnand on a lower fw for testing.

Good spidey senses…
15.0.0 burns a new fuse: #17
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses#Anti-downgrade

whitezombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you leave the new fusee,bin though and do a hard reset but fully turning off the switch?
Yes I used the new fusee.bin from the Atmosphère 1.4.0 (pre-release) git. Just shut down, loaded hekate_ctcaer_5.9.0, loaded fusee.bin, works on 14.1.2 for me.

Attachments

• fusee_hex.txt
    321.5 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: mrdude

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Atmos 14
System 15.0
So far so good. I have everything working and autoboot with this in hekate ipl
-nope- patches

[Atmosphere EmuMMC]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
fss0experimental=1
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

Last edited by linuxares,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Atmos 14
System 15.0
So far so good. I have everything working and autoboot with this in hekate ipl
-nope- patches

[Atmosphere EmuMMC]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
fss0experimental=1
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
You're booting from package3 - fss0=atmosphere/package3.
If you changed that to: fss0=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin instead it blackscreens, also if you boot via TegraRCMGui and send the fusee.bin payload to boot - does that crash for you?

Last edited by linuxares,

rtarplee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While there are some devs here, and I apologize for side carting on this convo - I have seen around the web this issue I'm experiencing but its always discarded as hardware issue. its not. Both unpatched switches I have, after updating Atmosphere (to 14? I think?) no longer are recognized by my PC via USB. they charge on the dock fine, they even receive payloads from an RCMloader via USB, so the data and power work. This has been tested on multiple PCs and OS's. anyone ever hear of that?
I've wiped the USB drivers countless times, reinstalled the libusb drivers and all that.. nada.

Feel free to delete if this isn't the place for it.

Theorem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Can confirm black screen crash. Updated Hekate to 5.9.0, Atmos to 1.4.0 pre and emunand to 15.0 using Daybreak. Partition based Emunand. Using payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin in hekate_ipl.ini. Mariko console.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Isn't fusee.bin booting deprecated in 1.4.0 @mrdude?
From what I heard, starting on 1.4.0 booting from fusee-primary will no longer work, only fusee-secondary, which is package3 iirc.

There's this in the update changelog:
Atmosphere NX 1.4.0 Changelog said:
Please be sure to update fusee when upgrading to 1.4.0. fusee-primary no longer exists, and will not work any more.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
From what I heard, starting on 1.4.0 booting from fusee-primary will no longer work, only fusee-secondary, which is package3 iirc.

Hi

fuse-primary was the name of the Atmosphère payload you inject vía RCM now is called fusee.bin
fusee-secondary was the name of Atmosphère's bootloader, now called Package3

that is why I really do preffer to inject Hekate's payload, because when booting hekate check the version of payload injected if is old, hekate automatically load the new version of payload. then you can chainload fusee.bin payload if you like or avoid the use of atmosphère payload (any way you already use a good one -hekate-) and load package3 which surely you did update when you update Atmosphère.

Even-more I really use ArgonNX as my payload, then I need no more update my injector, only update files on my SD card:
  • Hekate's payload on SD:/Argon/Payloads
  • Hekate's files on SD:/Bootloader
  • Atmosphère's files on SD:/Atmosphere
and all get updated, so no need to update the payload injector, because most of us forget this step.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP

Ask yourself this - If that was the case, why would fusee.bin be in the release then? In older Atmosphere versions before package3 we used to have fusee-primary and fusee-secondary and that changed to package3 over a year ago back when we we using Atmosphere 0.20.1 or something like that.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You're booting from package3 - fss0=atmosphere/package3.
If you changed that to: fss0=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin instead it blackscreens, also if you boot via TegraRCMGui and send the fusee.bin payload to boot - does that crash for you?
Hi, by the way FSSO directive IS ONLY TO LOAD package3 (https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#boot-entry-keyvalue-combinations) FSSO directive extract all needed parts from it. kips, exosphere, warmboot and mesophere if enabled, and then boot it.

if you want to chainload the fusee.bin (former fuse-primary.bin) you need the directive payload because fusee.bin doesn't have the files needed to boot atmosphère
Post automatically merged:

Ask yourself this - If that was the case, why would fusee.bin be in the release then? In older Atmosphere versions before package3 we used to have fusee-primary and fusee-secondary and that changed to package3 over a year ago back when we we using Atmosphere 0.20.1 or something like that.
Yep, on release of Atmosphère 1.0.0 they renamed the files. since then Hekate have the warning on the release page of each new version, and Atmosphère reminder about fuse-primary on each release too.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Hi, by the way FSSO directive IS ONLY TO LOAD package3 (https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#boot-entry-keyvalue-combinations) FSSO directive extract all needed parts from it. kips, exosphere, warmboot and mesophere if enabled, and then boot it.

if you want to chainload the fusee.bin (former fuse-primary.bin) you need the directive payload because fusee.bin doesn't have the files needed to boot atmosphère
Post automatically merged:

Yep, on release of Atmosphère 1.0.0 they renamed the files. since then Hekate have the warning on the release page of each new version, and Atmosphère reminder about fuse-primary on each release too.
Did you try just pushing fusee.bin as a payload from any payload injector such as TegraRCMGui? to boot emunand? This is the point I was making - for me and others it blackscreens so I assume there's an issue with the payload. ( didn't try with sysnand - only emunand).

Also I can't get the latest Atmosphere to compile on my pc, that last commit that compiles is 8d9e3f2 (3 days ago), so I can't even mess about with the source and check the git for what changes were made that broke it (fusee.bin).I don't have the time either to mess about as I have about a million and one other things to do.

Last edited by mrdude,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Did you try just pushing fusee.bin as a payload from any payload injector such as TegraRCMGui? to boot emunand? This is the point I was making - for me and others it blackscreens so I assume there's an issue with the payload. ( didn't try with sysnand - only emunand).

Also I can't get the latest Atmosphere to compile on my pc, that last commit that compiles is 8d9e3f2 (3 days ago), so I can't even mess about with the source and check the git for what changes were made that broke it (fusee.bin).I don't have the time either to mess about as I have about a million and one other things to do.
yep I was unable to compile Atmosphère too, SciresM says you need new LibNX version https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/1954

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I compiled and installed libnx from yesterday and Atmosphere still wouldn't compile. I'll check later to see if it's been updated again.
has beenn updated yet, the PR from SciresM hasn't been merged.

I just cloned the https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/libnx/ and checkout the 15_support branch, then used make install on my MSYS environment which compiled and install the new libNX,

Go to my cloned Atmosphère repo and was able to compile.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
PS I am not trying to load a fusse.bin from hekate_ipl.ini, I already have that set up to load package3. However hekate can launch payloads such as Lockpic_rcm, argon-nx. fusse.bin etc... For now with the latest hekate, it can still launch other payloads successfully - but not with fusee.bin, so as I said, I think fusee.bin is broken for now for loading emunand.

EDIT: I was using this: https://github.com/switchbrew/libnx

I'll checkout the Atmosphere version.

EDIT: here are my tests: CLEAN install - Latest AtmosphereNX + Hekate installed, using emunand + NO patches, booting via hekate.
FW11 -
boots from package3 - good
boots from fusee.bin - good

FW 14.1.2 -
boots from package3 - good
boots from fusee.bin - good

FW 15.0.0
boots from package3 - good, but sometimes fails to boot and sometimes takes a long time to boot and gets stuck on switch logo.
boots from fusee.bin - fail, shows Atmosphere boot screen, fails to get to switch logo - requires hard reset.

TEST 2:
Fresh SD card, formatted exfat. Clean Latest Atmosphere install - no hekate/no patches - payload sent via TegraRCMGui. (Using emunand)

FW11 - boots.
FW 14.1.2 - boots.
FW 15 - Flashes Atmosphere boot screen - Fails to boot into switch logo. Requires a hard reset.

Last edited by mrdude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1