Not open for further replies.

Sir-Fritz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So i just got some email from costello (who i now know his real name
smileipb2.png
) saying gbatemp has been hacked and my pass was stolen. How did this happen and do we get compensation
yaypsp.gif
? Also more importantly did this happen or is this some sick hoax
frown.gif

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jakob95 said:
granville said:
No Christmas presents for Costello this year!
tongue.gif

(j/k, i don't blame him. I wonder who did this though.)

I see you got hacked as well. In your PM the one Costello sent you it says all the people who got hacked. Seems that the people who have 200 posts or more that got hacked.
frown.gif

ALSO GOT HACKED!!...
Not true, a few zero posters got hacked.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
jakob95 said:
granville said:
No Christmas presents for Costello this year!
tongue.gif

(j/k, i don't blame him. I wonder who did this though.)

I see you got hacked as well. In your PM the one Costello sent you it says all the people who got hacked. Seems that the people who have 200 posts or more that got hacked.
frown.gif

ALSO GOT HACKED!!...

I have well over 2000 posts and I didn't get shit. Unless.. is my name on that list? Can anybody who has that PM Costello sent, post all the names that he is aware that got hacked?

apd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was hit and can see the other users who have in the mass pm we got.

Its random usersname A-Z no real pattern to it.

Do we get a we was hacked medal?

I hope so.

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately I did too. IF YOU DID NOT GET A PM OR EMAIL YOU ARE FINE!

That means I have had to change my hotmail gbatemp and facebook passwords! Oh well.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
shinkukage09 said:
So Costello, is it possible to get a username change as well?
Read one of the stickies

That sticky is locked, and was locked before this. I'm asking him a question about right now, if I can. Not about sometime back in September.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I iz Hackezed!!!! But seriously I was hacked and I got the email in the middle of the night when I was sleeping. Saw it said Costello and thought "What the deuce." Read GBAtemp got hacked and panicked but I wan't going to do anything till morning since my computer is off and hope for the best. I log into the temp expecting a front page warning saying "WATCH OUT! WERE UNDER ATTACK" and instead see nobody talking about it till now. I changed most of my passwords around the internet. For now I feel safe but still....you never know really. This really is BS but I dont blame anyone here. Oh and yeah does anyone know if it was random people? I'd post the list of people affected by I think that goes against people's privacy.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
I iz Hackezed!!!! But seriously I was hacked and I got the email in the middle of the night when I was sleeping. Saw it said Costello and thought "What the deuce." Read GBAtemp got hacked and panicked but I wan't going to do anything till morning since my computer is off and hope for the best. I log into the temp expecting a front page warning saying "WATCH OUT! WERE UNDER ATTACK" and instead see nobody talking about it till now. I changed most of my passwords around the internet. For now I feel safe but still....you never know really. This really is BS but I dont blame anyone here. Oh and yeah does anyone know if it was random people? I'd post the list of people affected by I think that goes against people's privacy.

The people know who they are. Everyone who was affected got an email and PM about it.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dinofan01 said:
List's already been posted
rolleyes.gif
in the other thread.

And I'd lol if there was an all-out temper-hacker war. Pick your side, choose to be allied with Ace Gunman, or join the dark hackers...

mthrnitesmiley.gif

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
oh my god
blink.gif
what the (Beeeeeeeep)!!
OH MY LOLLERPOPPING GOD. this frightens me....ah well better keep myself on the look-out

luckily i have a word database of 703 words
so i changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?