FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The site is painfully slow to load pages all day today.

Once loaded they load in full (all javascript, mouseover and usual lack of pictures/formatting as page goes on or in general I normally see in failures to load work fine). Load up multiple pages in quick succession and they all load in almost all at once, possibly a timeout from a third party?)

Tried with adblock and without.

Tried on other browser (not logged in either). Everything else on the internet is working as expected as well. Did not try a VPN or anything but this seems closer to a server thing anyway rather than my ISP or similar screwing me.

The wiki loads near instantly. Downloads, reviews, blogs, profile, new posts, forum index, front page not so much.

Reactions: Creamu

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I only use Android Chrome to browse this site, and as reported several times, lately the pages load slowly, mostly due to animated ads popping up after a while. But this does not happen all the time, but randomly. As for me, yesterday was as good a day as any.

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only use Android Chrome to browse this site, and as reported several times, lately the pages load slowly, mostly due to animated ads popping up after a while. But this does not happen all the time, but randomly. As for me, yesterday was as good a day as any.
This is what I’ve noticed as well. I had to switch to brave browser(or similar extensions) in order for the site to not load super slow

It may be multiple things at play than just all the animated ads. But they are def contributing

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Regarding this topic, can any of the gentlemen here tell me how to decrease the number of visible posts on a single page? When there are a lot of videos or high resolution images, plus ads the page loads unbelievably slow, at least using Chrome from a smartphone.

By the way, one of my recent threads happens to be clogged with videos...🤣

Last edited by Nikokaro,

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Regarding this topic, can any of the gentlemen here tell me how to decrease the number of visible posts on a single page? When there are a lot of videos or high resolution images, plus ads the page loads unbelievably slow, at least using Chrome from a smartphone.

By the way, one of my recent threads happens to be clogged with videos...🤣
Not possible I'm afraid.

• Sad

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whatever the issue was cleared itself up, not sure what if anything I did, my ISP did, the server did or otherwise.

As far as posts per page it was a thing back before xenforo but I think xenforo bakes posts a bit harder into pages such that it does not work. Being a phone I assume there is no modern equivalent of flashblock or advert things that force click to load external/media/...

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't experienced anything in the past couple days/weeks, and I'm using Opera on mobile.
So probably it's just you guys and your internet service.

But now that I think of it, I just shitpost and leave, then return at like... 8 hours later... rinse and repeat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la