Hacking Sky 3ds, have to buy plus now?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it's slightly bothersome though, you'll have to generate a file using the .3ds, put that on your 3DS to generate another pair of files, then do the conversion on the PC. Not sure if it can be done in batch, maybe it can. If you have a fast connection I'd just recommend going to that iso site and find Billy's GDRIVE thread and use the CIAs from there :)
It can be done in batch. Only one ncchinfo and one xorpad generation process and it will convert all 3ds to cia at once.

Reactions: Shadowfied

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one more thing, did they ever fix getting into emunand? I had my old 3ds set up for it but it would only go into emunand like 20% of the time when I would try and go to the nds profile.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
one more thing, did they ever fix getting into emunand? I had my old 3ds set up for it but it would only go into emunand like 20% of the time when I would try and go to the nds profile.
Not sure what you're asking. No need to use MSET exploit if that's what you're talking about. We just boot straight into EmuNAND from coldboot.

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what you're asking. No need to use MSET exploit if that's what you're talking about. We just boot straight into EmuNAND from coldboot.

ok that's awesome, thanks :D

Edit: ohh! is there anyway to carry over my save file from .3ds sky3ds to use with .cia installed game?

Last edited by SirGray,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Edit: ohh! is there anyway to carry over my save file from .3ds sky3ds to use with .cia installed game?

You can possibly use SaveDataFiler or some other homebrew save manager to do it. I'm not entirely sure how it would work for Sky, but I would guess that you'd want to select the game on the Home Menu with the button(s) on the cart before starting SDF/your favourite save manager. Then just use SDF/the manager to export the save, and re-import it to your CIA game.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A lot of games you can transfer the save from the Sky cart direct to the cia using the official Save Data Transfer Tool (I've used it myself for this exact purpose)... but it will only work for titles of the same region as the console (both the rom on the Sky3ds and the installed cia).
Some saves will only transfer using Save Data Filer, due to the secure info (Smash Bros), but I find having a combination of the 2 or 3 homebrew save tools, Save Data Filer, and the legit transfer tool caters for all eventualities.

Reactions: daxtsu

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya.

You can downgrade 9.9 easily, don't need a hardmod. There is a chance that you brick it if you are stupid, but if you use SafeSysUpdater that wont happen, unless you intentionally force the system off during the downgrade.

Since you have a New 3DS, rxTools only goes as high as 9.5 on EmuNAND, so ReiNAND would be my choice, since you can be on 10.5 EmuNAND with ReiNAND.

Use this guide but get SafeSysUpdater instead of the one used in the tutorial and you should be good. There are some steps to take care of after the downgrade, but at least the scary part is done when you've downgraded :)

If you have any questions whatsoever don't hesitate to ask! =)

So I'm working on doing this right now. Any tips for safe sysupdater? I'm using ninjhax and I get black screen everytime I click Y to downgrade.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use it to check the files if they come back good use the sysupdater from here http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/
i had to do that on my n3ds as safesysupdater didnt want to do the downgrade

I can't even get it to check the files. just black screen with some purple pixels in the bottom left, I must have tried about twenty times now. :/

Also is it okay to downgrade from 9.9.0-26U? cause the guide says "BE SURE TO BE ON 10.3 BEFORE DOWNGRADING"

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I can't even get it to check the files. just black screen with some purple pixels in the bottom left, I must have tried about twenty times now. :/

Also is it okay to downgrade from 9.9.0-26U? cause the guide says "BE SURE TO BE ON 10.3 BEFORE DOWNGRADING"

im not sure tbh, i have seen some people have issues if they downgrade from anything but 10.3. i have only ever downgraded from 10.3

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay I sucessfully downgraded to 9.2.0-26U. Does anyone know a good guide/tutorial to install ReiNAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Sorry you're not good with Windows Sylvester. lol
    Because co-pilot doesnt even show up on my pc. Not in the taskbar, not in the start menu search, and the option in settings to turn it on and off in the taskbar is not even displayed.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Well, I complain about Microsoft all the time. You seem to enjoy it, no offense. If you like using Windows, that's fine by me.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Everything is my own opinions.
    Liking Windows or not is an opinion. Yes.
    Being able to disable copilot is not an opinion. lol. its a fact that it can be disabled.
    Yet you just laugh about it when I tell you, like Im lying
    People can dislike Windows all they want. But I will call out the over-exaggerations, misconceptions, half truths, and lies about it.
    +2
    Tired of the entire "BUT BUT BUT WINDOWZ SPYWARE!!!" thing too, when the same people give out tons of their personal info to plenty of other companies but say nothing about it.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Companies do the exact same thing with other companies as well, so it's not just Microsoft. There are 3rd-parties like 'data brokers'.
    I'm 52 years old and one of my jobs in life was marketing research. Im well aware. I've been online for around 30 years. Everyone and their grandmother already has my personal information. One more having my email address isn't ruining my life or even effecting me in any way whatsoever.
    +1
    In fact. I freely give info. Stuff like gasoline apps, to save $, grocery apps, lots of cash back from rakuten, etc. etc.
    +1
    $300 back last year from Rakuten for allowing them to track my purchase. I'll take the money for them to know I bought a bunch of stuff for my cat and some video games. lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No matter what you sign up for your info is out there
    +1
    Thats what im saying
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Exactly.
    And for people to say things like "But I use all fake info". No, they don't. lol. They use fake info for all of their banking and online shopping? Fake shipping address, fake payment info? lol
    Fake name, address and payment info for internet service, etc? lol. Ill say it again. Everyone freaks out about OMG WINDOWS!! But crickets on anything else they do.
    Other windows stuff people complain about hypocritically too. Like "But but but Windows bundle junk apps!!!!" Yeah?? So do many Linux distributions. Dont like it? Use one without them. Same with windows. Either find a pre-made version without the bundled stuff, or very easily make your own installer with what you want and do not want.
    +1
  • console @ console:
    I agree with all above! Microsoft made a biggest mess with us and everyone! I wish Microsoft company should be fired then lost it. LOL :rofl2:
    +1
    I dont like the stuff added either. I have zero use for copilot or recall. But I also just simply disable it and move on.
    +1
    Always disabled dumb cortana from day 1 too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    When you're a billion dollar company even upper management is just peons to the company
    +1
    MS is funny. Insider programs for both Windows and Xbox, where they listen to absolutely none of the insider feedback and just do what the fuck they want. lolol
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: MS is funny. Insider programs for both Windows and Xbox, where they listen to absolutely none of...