daragh23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi,

So I just bought a new 2ds xl and transferred all my info from my 3DS xl over to it. I've been playing a Sky3ds+ cartdridge sucsessfully for a number of months on the 3DS but when I tried it in the new 2ds xl, the cart isn't being read. If I push the cart in fully and hold it there with my thumb, the games can load and I can cycle through them but once I let go, there is a "cart removed" error.

The only solution I have found is if I put a thick piece of tissue or napkin in between the top of the cart and the flap that closes over it, I can play a game but any slight movement and the cart may become ejected... Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Does anyone have a more solid solution? There is almost no point in playing games this way as the cart can be ejected at any time and save data lost. I have read some problems with r4 carts not fitting in properly and not getting that click sound when inserting the cart but I don't think this is the same problem. Please any help would be appreciated!!

Last edited by daragh23,

daragh23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks, I don't have an original cartridge so will have to try later in a second hand shop or somewhere.

As of now, I took a piece of post-it paper, cut to size and folded in two. Placed this on the front sticker side of the sky+3DS cart and slid it in at the same time as the cart. I can now cycle through games and play them but this is not good enough for a long term solution...

Any other ideas? Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Either the Sky3DS cart was badly shaped or there's something wrong with your game slot. You won't know until you get an original game. If the former, either try and get a refund or continue using the solution you have found. If the latter, either try and return your console on warranty or continue using the solution you found.

Reactions: daragh23

Acide0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone bring me a New 2ds to install luma and I got the same problem with the R4. The cardrige as the be put in angle in the slot to stay in. With a original cardrige no problem work flalessly.

On my side it was not a problem because with cfw on no cardrige needed.

Install a cfw and sale the sky !

Reactions: daragh23

daragh23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How are normal game cartridges? If the same, maybe return the 2DS XL under warranty, maybe there's something wrong with the spring.

I went to a game trade-in store and tried Super Smash Bros. which worked perfectly. So I'm concluding from this that the Sky3DS+ cart is too skinny to work in the New Nintendo 2DS XL and a working solution is to try to pad out the cart with a piece of paper or thin sheet of plastic.

Someone bring me a New 2ds to install luma and I got the same problem with the R4. The cardrige as the be put in angle in the slot to stay in. With a original cardrige no problem work flalessly.

On my side it was not a problem because with cfw on no cardrige needed.

Install a cfw and sale the sky !

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe Nintendo did this as a way to make the flash carts that little bit harder to use. I'd consider doing CFW but I have the latest Firmware 11.5.0-38 and also a NOOB so not sure if its possible to do that. Is there a step by step guide for this?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I went to a game trade-in store and tried Super Smash Bros. which worked perfectly. So I'm concluding from this that the Sky3DS+ cart is too skinny to work in the New Nintendo 2DS XL and a working solution is to try to pad out the cart with a piece of paper or thin sheet of plastic.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe Nintendo did this as a way to make the flash carts that little bit harder to use. I'd consider doing CFW but I have the latest Firmware 11.5.0-38 and also a NOOB so not sure if its possible to do that. Is there a step by step guide for this?
https://3ds.guide :-)
You'll just need a certain flashcart. Read the guide for details. You can sell the Sky3DS afterward (you should keep it until after you have installed CFW so you can extract the save files).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz