Hacking SM64 PS4 Port

moh86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I get the same error when I run the game, I put both modules from the readme file in / data / self / system / common / lib /
Any idea why?
The US version works perfectly on my PS4 Pro with 6.72. You surely forgot something. Did you copy the 2 modules via ftp?

Last edited by moh86,

pekechar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I get the same error when I run the game, I put both modules from the readme file in / data / self / system / common / lib /
Any idea why?

I solved it. I run the game on firmware 6.72 but for it to work ok you have to use Mira (Unofficial)

OsirisX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally managed to compile and install the game. However while the US version works perfectly without any problems the EU version starts with an error (game is corrupted). Any idea why?
I pushed a fix for the eu version. Should be working now.

Reactions: moh86

moh86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I pushed a fix for the eu version. Should be working now.
Okay, I will try it out later.

Edit: Thank you, now it works. But I have noticed that the text bubbles are buggy and unreadable. Atleast the game runs now.

Last edited by moh86,

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My WiiU compiled version uses Hi res Mario and Bowser, would more hires content work on PS4? Man, I'll have to relearn to compile this game to try this! hahaha!

mermelado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Impossible to run it on a pro v7.55. tested with several different HENs. Has anyone managed to get it to work in 7.55? Thank you.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems it needs to be updated in order to work on newer firmware. I also tried a bunch of times on my 9.00 but with goldhen 2.3 it gives me an error instantly even if I have all the files. On goldhen 2.0b it crashed my ps4, kinda. It went black screen, lost signal while my ps4 still has a white light, ds4 disconnected and can't reconnect. So it seems until osiris updates it it won't be playable

Last edited by zekro94,

mermelado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Seems it needs to be updated in order to work on newer firmware. I also tried a bunch of times on my 9.00 but with goldhen 2.3 it gives me an error instantly even if I have all the files. On goldhen 2.0b it crashed my ps4, kinda. It went black screen, lost signal while my ps4 still has a white light, ds4 disconnected and can't reconnect. So it seems until osiris updates it it won't be playable
Well in the end I solved it, I took those two files that were sent via FTP from my other PS4 slim with firm 5.05 and copied them to the PRO. After writing my previous post I came across a compiled version on the internet and when I tried it it didn't work either, but I realized that for some reason those two files weighed differently than mine, so as a last test I decided to replace mine with those and it worked the first time.
I attach the source that I have cited, where the files that do work are, if I can't put hithub links here, then let a moderator delete it. Luck.

Edit:
When sending the post, it no longer allows me to attach the link, so I am attaching a zip with the two files for whoever is interested.

Attachments

• data.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 10

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Well in the end I solved it, I took those two files that were sent via FTP from my other PS4 slim with firm 5.05 and copied them to the PRO. After writing my previous post I came across a compiled version on the internet and when I tried it it didn't work either, but I realized that for some reason those two files weighed differently than mine, so as a last test I decided to replace mine with those and it worked the first time.
I attach the source that I have cited, where the files that do work are, if I can't put hithub links here, then let a moderator delete it. Luck.

Edit:
When sending the post, it no longer allows me to attach the link, so I am attaching a zip with the two files for whoever is interested.
Mine weigh the same, I extracted them myself from retroarch, even after replacing them with yours it still crashes, I used ps4 explorer but nothing. I made sure the files are where they need to be in data/self/system/common/lib

but it still won't work. What's the size of the game installed on the ps4? Mine is 21,55 Mb but it should work, since I confirmed it with someone a year ago

mermelado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Mine weigh the same, I extracted them myself from retroarch, even after replacing them with yours it still crashes, I used ps4 explorer but nothing. I made sure the files are where they need to be in data/self/system/common/lib

but it still won't work. What's the size of the game installed on the ps4? Mine is 21,55 Mb but it should work, since I confirmed it with someone a year ago
Yours is too heavy, the correct size is 16.8 MB (17,694,720 bytes)
Also note that I am on 7.55, I don't know if it works on 9

Note: I am attaching the correct file.

IMPORTANT: Since the size exceeds the limit established by the website, I have compressed it into 2 volumes and since the extension of the second volume is "z01", it is not recognized as an allowed extension, so I have added ". ZIP", leaving "xxxxx.z01.ZIP", please do not forget to delete the final ".ZIP" and leaving only "xxxx.z01"

Attachments

• UP0001-CUSA64001_00-0000000000000001.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 12
  • UP0001-CUSA64001_00-0000000000000001.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 11
Last edited by mermelado,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Yours is too heavy, the correct weight is 16.8 MB (17,694,720 bytes)
Also note that I am on 7.55, I don't know if it works on 9

Note: I am attaching the correct file.
Then like I said, it needs to be updated, because on 9.00 simply crashes. After a hell of a time compiling it it gave me a pkg with the size of 16.8 Mb, after installing it if I go to options menu on the ps4 it shows 21.55 Mb. I'm sure it won't work for now so that's that

mermelado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Then like I said, it needs to be updated, because on 9.00 simply crashes. After a hell of a time compiling it it gave me a pkg with the size of 16.8 Mb, after installing it if I go to options menu on the ps4 it shows 21.55 Mb. I'm sure it won't work for now so that's that
OK, sorry I can't help you more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Do I have to eat coffee cake with coffee ice cream?