Hardware Smash Bros for 3DS issue

goemon_guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've run into a strange issue with my room mate's 3DS and Smash Bros.

He's had the game since launch, and the 3DS for a few years, and never had ANY problems with the system.

Now, his system has great difficulty reading the cart at all. It shows up momentarily, but disappears, or sometimes doesn't even do that.

Things get interesting when I tried the cart in my system. It works perfectly in mine.
Must mean that his system is at fault, right?
Well, we try my cartridge in his system and... It works. His system will read ANY cartridge but his copy of Smash.

Puzzled, I drag out another 3DS. It works.
I drag out my last 3DS, which I bought a few weeks ago, and... it doesn't work...

Does anyone have ANY idea what caused this to happen?
Quite frankly I'm absolutely stumped.
There was no damage done to either the system or the cart, latest firmware and everything.

The only thing we haven't done is a System Format, but he's hesitant to do so.

Shinitai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Well, I don't have my crystall ball of long distance hardware diagnosis with me atm (yes, I already checked my pockets), so... all I can suggest is send the console and the cart to Nintendo, have them deal with it.

Sorry, not trying to be an asshole. I just thought the crystal ball thing was a good joke. But seriously, send that shit to Nintendo if you don't get any better ideas.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've run into a strange issue with my room mate's 3DS and Smash Bros.

He's had the game since launch, and the 3DS for a few years, and never had ANY problems with the system.

Now, his system has great difficulty reading the cart at all. It shows up momentarily, but disappears, or sometimes doesn't even do that.

Things get interesting when I tried the cart in my system. It works perfectly in mine.
Must mean that his system is at fault, right?
Well, we try my cartridge in his system and... It works. His system will read ANY cartridge but his copy of Smash.

Puzzled, I drag out another 3DS. It works.
I drag out my last 3DS, which I bought a few weeks ago, and... it doesn't work...

Does anyone have ANY idea what caused this to happen?
Quite frankly I'm absolutely stumped.
There was no damage done to either the system or the cart, latest firmware and everything.

The only thing we haven't done is a System Format, but he's hesitant to do so.
It seems like perhaps the pins in his cartridge slot are slightly bent. Maybe that cartridge is especially sensitive to it for some reason (could be a slightly thinner PCB?)
It's odd that it would only be happening with that game, as they should all be made the same, but it's the only thing I can think of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4PvTrTp7Tc&pp=ygUTd2hhdCB3aGF0IGluIGRhIGJ1dA%3D%3D +1