SMB, change what hammer bros are tossing?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is generally considered bad form to leave the name of the game an acronym. I might know from context but not everybody will. Others might think Super Monkey Ball, Super Meat Boy or something else.

Simple way is to find the sprites that are the hammers and change them. Though in this case you will probably also the change the hammers from later levels Bowser which might not be what you want. Still http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros.:ROM_map should get you started here.

Beyond that you can change what either Bowser throws and sort that or change what the hammer bros throw and point it at another thing. This might be easier said than done.

This is just a graphical thing though. To change patterns of things thrown you will need to find where those are kept. http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros.:RAM_map mentions some of where it is in RAM so you can debug it from there, though Super Mario Brothers is also one of the few games to get a commented disassembly so you also have that.

GlitchytheHackermain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is generally considered bad form to leave the name of the game an acronym. I might know from context but not everybody will. Others might think Super Monkey Ball, Super Meat Boy or something else.

Simple way is to find the sprites that are the hammers and change them. Though in this case you will probably also the change the hammers from later levels Bowser which might not be what you want. Still http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros.:ROM_map should get you started here.

Beyond that you can change what either Bowser throws and sort that or change what the hammer bros throw and point it at another thing. This might be easier said than done.

This is just a graphical thing though. To change patterns of things thrown you will need to find where those are kept. http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros.:RAM_map mentions some of where it is in RAM so you can debug it from there, though Super Mario Brothers is also one of the few games to get a commented disassembly so you also have that.

Good to know, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You just connect....and your banned, next
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Must be drunk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope, California sober tonight
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Do they even upload older firmware where you can usb update if newer ones do come out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can update w USB but they only offer newest updates on they site, they don't give old like ps
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean an archive if a person wants to buy an older Xbox for the exploit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think there is a way to archive older update files or no one's cared to so if patched already screwed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm still not sure how it works, but yea MS offers newest updates only, you can't find old
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I found a internet archive that's up to 2021 that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or if you are on on old fw, it won't let you online till u update to newest
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm still not getting that hyped over it I can play my pc game that I torrented with a torrent for Xbox that's the same game woo
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea @SylverReZ the Durango dumps have all I've heard of till now that was significant
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If they enable stealth online like the good old jtag days that'll be different
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    #BringBackGodModeOnline
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #makekensmomwashdatass
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    #MakeDaTempGreatAgain
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm sorry, i feel bad now.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yo momma is just fine as she is.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really don't
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't we just go back to waking each other's dicks again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No! We said we' d never mention that agai...no I mean what are you talking about, thats ridiculous
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can hug and make up which part of your body would you like kissed sir
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We can hug and make up which part of your body would you like kissed sir